Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby and Moggie
15-07-2007, 01:13 PM   #1

Warmth

Shelby, my housemates tabby lives out in the conseratory, and also has free roam of the area at all times as we keep the conversatory door open.

It has never been particularly warm in that conservatory, and i am concerned that perhaps she can do with a bed or similar now that she is getting on in years.

Can anyone suggest any that would be suitable for her, and that i can get ahold of cheaply as my housemate, her owner, i'm sure wouldnt part with much money for her i'm afraid to say. However, anything i can disguise as a gift.

I often make orders for my own animals [i run a rattery] so a 'looky what i picked up for Shelbywoo' is easy enough!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
15-07-2007, 01:25 PM   #2

Re: Warmth

What about a hooded cat bed, like an igloo? Have you had a look on ebay at all?

Catsey Junior

15-07-2007, 01:27 PM   #3

I'll be honest, i've not looked at all. I've been out in my rat room, gave her a cuddle on my way through and decided it was time to look into giving her a little more loving!

I'll have a looky now.

Would anyone trust freecycle for cat items? Presumably if things are machine washable i'll spin it thoroughly first just in case.

Otherwise i'll make her a nice bed, i make my rats their own hammocks, it cant be that difficult!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
15-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #4

There's one or two members on here that swear by Freecycle! if you do buy second hand make sure when you wash it, the temp of the water is 60 C or above and also tumble dry it.

Catsey Junior

15-07-2007, 01:32 PM   #5

Off i go to freecycle then!!

I have also decided to try making her a nice little bed too.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-07-2007, 01:47 PM   #6

I'm sure whatever you do for Shelby with regards to a bed will be appreciated by her....... conservatories can get really cold during winter unless you have heating on in there.

Let us know how you get on...

Catsey Junior

15-07-2007, 02:02 PM   #7

I have a cunning plan!

Typical of me to get all crafty over the situation, but i'm going to try and make her a washable 'queens bed' with a cover.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
15-07-2007, 03:08 PM   #8

I've had a few items off of freecycle whiley, and had no problems with any of them! I swear by it as Fran says lol!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-07-2007, 04:05 PM   #9

I think giving eBay a try is a good idea; I've gotten nice things there at a reasonable price. Good luck, let us know what you find or make!

Catsey Junior

15-07-2007, 10:58 PM   #10

2 movies, 4 glasses of coke, a microwave meal and a tub of gold fabric paint later..

Sorry about the wobbley camera, not sure whats going on there. it doesnt poof out that much really, i just pushed it up to paint it and dry.