Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
19-02-2021, 08:40 AM   #1

Hot Friday

Good morning everyone and welcome to the end of the week and the start of your holiday, Pamela.

Been very hot here today - 26 degrees and will be 27 tomorrow.Sorry i haven't been around for the past few days, although I have looked in.I haven't been well since Monday.I was given Amitriptyline for back pain and I've now had a bad reaction to it, or so my doctor thinks.My heart has periods where it races ,then misses beats and it's making me feel sick. Also my blood pressure has gone sky high although it has dropped a little today. I've never had an irregular heartbeat or a blood pressure problem in my life. I'm going to see a cardiologist so hopefully that will be soon and I've been put on blood pressure medication. Evidently, the pills for my back can cause an irregular heart beat in rare cases. At times I feel OK and my heart just goes back into a normal rhythm but then it all goes wonky again. It doesn't give me any pain, but if I do get pain, I've got to go straight to hospital I'll let you know how everything goes

KAZZ, hope Monday's nice weather is still with you. It's so much nicer to dog walk when it's not raining ,snowing or freezing.I hope your covid jab went OK and you didn;t have any reaction to it.

Yola, good for you driving a manual when you're so used to an automatic.Your son sounds as if he's getting plenty of practice driving. He'll be building in confidence soon and be ready to drive on a road.

PAMELA,I'm glad your motorbike was fixed quickly for you. Lucky you being on holiday from today.I hope it's a good one. You'll get that painting done, I'm sure.Good luck at the vet today with Mia's paw.I'm pleased it's healing up well for her and I hope you get signed off.

SHELLEY, hope all is well with you, Howard and the pups.

Well everyone, have a good Friday, stay safe and hope you have some decent weekend weather.
I

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-02-2021, 10:30 AM   #2

Re: Hot Friday

Oh Dinky - I'm so sorry you've been feeling so unwell. I get that irregular and/or pounding heartbeat thing sometimes; usually accompanies a hot flush and it's very disconcerting. I hope you get relief from it soon.

I have optician appointments for the boys towards the end of the day, and youngest thinks he'll need glasses. I agree with him as he's struggling to see in the distance. We were doing virtual try-ons last night and he chose some roundish ones that make him look like a cross between Harry Potter and Buddy Holly

My working day has started so I'd better get on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
19-02-2021, 06:06 PM   #3

Re: Hot Friday

Hi everyone, sorry I've not been around much.
Everything is OK, just had a week off work and got stuff done.
We took Malaika to the vet on Monday as I noticed a new lump the size of a marble.
As I thought it's a fatty lump and requires no treatment.
The vet examines on the carpark at the moment, not a bad idea as the pets don't get as stressed.
Dinky sorry to hear of your problems, I bet it's the amytriptyline.
Hi Pamela, Yola and Kazz.