Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
08-02-2021, 08:51 AM   #1

Monday Daily.

Good morning everyone and welcome to the start of the week. It's been a very hot day today but is cooling down slightly now, thank goodness.Brenna didn't make it to the beach today as 2 of her kiddies have come down with a tummy bug. Janna and I stayed home with the curtains pulled across and watched another Final Destination movie. In a rare burst of energy, i decided to vacuum the lounge. My cousin bought me round her spare vacuum cleaner on Saturday and I wanted to try it out. It's just a wee one and isn't very good for the cat fur, but it's better than nothing. Not going to get a Dyson now as the reviews aren't great and they're over $1000. I just liked the idea of them being rechargeable, but there are other similar brands that are a lot cheaper and seem to be just as good.

It's going to be 26 degrees tomorrow, so not so hot, and meant to rain tomorrow night thank goodness.

PAMELA, poor Mia with a sore paw.Thank goodness she let you bathe it. I hope it is a lot better today. AND Barney also with a sore leg. I hope he is also feeling better today.Did you manage to get to the garden centre yesterday and find some bargains ? I hope you are able to find the right carpet shampoo for your carpet.It can't be any worse than my lounge carpet ,which is years old and a bit threadbare in some places.I have new carpet and underlay rolled up in the hallway but this old carpet reminds me of Willow and I just can't get rid of it yet.I know I'm being silly but I just can't do it yet.Anyway, the cats love lying on the rolls of new carpet !!!!!

KAZZ, fancy you having a roast pork chop dinner yesterday. On Saturday night ,we had marinated pork steaks. I haven't had pork for a long while.I hope yours was yummy.AND yes, I have to report that the saucepan is now resting in peace in my rubbish bin. Can't say I really miss it. as it was just cluttering up my bench top.

YOLA, how super that your son now has his Alfa Romeo Mito and of course it had to be red as befits an Alfa. He must be thrilled. AND another person who had pork on Saturday night. Bet yours was yummy too.I'm glad your persians also hate being groomed. I thought it was only my lot that kick up a fuss.I hope you didn't get too badly scratched.It takes both of us to groom our cats - one to hold and the other to brush and comb.

SHELLEY, I'm pleased Howard's physio went well, but I'm sorry that you were unwell after your covid vaccine. I really hope you took it easy yesterday and you are feeling much better today. Do you have to have a second jab or does your vaccine require only one dose ?

Well I'm going to have a cup of coffee now, along with some potato chips with cucumber and mint yoghurt dip. Might then go off for a walk around the block before it gets dark. Cats are waiting to go outside with Janna but they'll have to wait for a while as the birds are still out there eating their supper.

Have a good Monday everyone and stay safe and warm. I saw on the news tonight that snow was falling in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland.I'm sooooooo envious.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
08-02-2021, 09:11 AM   #2

Re: Monday Daily.

Morning Dinky,

Glad it is cooling down for you now. You and the cats will be pleased! Thats good you have a hoover to keep you going until you get a new one. We bought a vax carpet cleaner yesterday and i has done a great job of my office, top hall and part of the living room.

Enjoy your walk

We headed out on our walk this morning and Mias nail started bleeding. It has been fine in the house but not outside so no walks tomorrow o see if it helps. The vet who is great with Mia is off tomorrow and i ideally dont want anyone else seeing her as he knows know show to manage her. Barney only limps when he is stiff so i think he is fine thankfully.

It has started snowing ere this morning. We dont have any forecast where i am but my area seems to always have its own weather forecast!! We can have snow and everywhere else has sunshine!!

I start work soon but will probably start early especially if i need time off to take Mia to the vet this week. Steven is out at work all day so i dont have a car to go to the vet today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-02-2021, 10:55 AM   #3

Good morning all now well a covering here too been out with her highness and now back for a bacon sarnie back at work tomorrow. Just gonna do a few bits and pieces and then out again with Gert shower and bed ready for work. The sky looks full of it here too Sue.

Hope you are all good saw a chap with two tiny little ones and a sled as we were coming back down the hill they were going up. LOL

Dinky great minds eh even distanced by and ocean think alike.

Pamela Ouch nail injuries are sore......poor girl the vets will sort something the extra pressure of outside pavement will be the issue as you say.

Well got to go as bit of banking and cleaning to do. Catch you all later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-02-2021, 04:41 PM   #4

Good afternoon,

Not much to report. Bitterly cold again and it's trying very hard to snow. Thankfully nothing much is being squeezed out of those steel grey clouds. What I wouldn't give for temperatures in the high 20s.

Sorry your pooches are poorly Pamela - I hope feet and legs improve soon.

Likewise with your husband Shelley, hopefully the physio can help him out. It's a slow process if I'm anything to go by

Karen - sometimes I'm tempted to get a dog (a hypoallergenic one as I react badly to dogs), simply to be forced to go out for a walk. I'm far too lazy for my own good.

Dinky, I've had 3 Dysons in our time in this house. The first corded one we killed due to the huge amount of renovation we were carrying out. All the dust and grit did for it. The second corded one still lives but was getting too heavy for me to carry up all our stairs, so we got a cordless one. I can't fault it - battery lasts well and it picks up the tonnes of cat fur we have. Only problem was the filters getting clogged quickly. OH bought some after market ones really cheaply and we just change them regularly, wash and reuse.

Anyway, that's enough - I don't work for Dyson; honest!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-02-2021, 07:07 PM   #5

Yola join a walking group lots of them popping or popped up by me during the lockdown.
A friend of mine lost her dog last year but has not got another now he goes out and collects/picks up litter he is obsessed with it now LOL