Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
06-02-2021, 09:56 AM   #1

windy saturday

Good morning everyone,

Its wet and windy here again today. We are doing shorter walks just now as Barney is limping on one of his front legs so lead walks and rest for him and it seems to be working.

I am going to my dads today as he has asked if my sister and i if we can help him clean and also go through stuff in the loft. I am also looking at edging and lighting for my garden as i want to make it look really nice this year.

We will have a take away from our favourite local Indian restaurant tonight as a treat

Not much planned for tomorrow. Probably more f the same from today with looking at garden stuff. I am also getting a sundial for the garden as a wee memorial of sort for my mum so will need to dig into the garden as it has a slight slope. Lots planned for this years garden and looking forward to it

Yola i hope your son gets his new car and enjoys it.
Shelley ad Kazz, what are your plans for the weekend?
Dinky, how is the weather over there? I do hope it has cooled down for you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-02-2021, 10:25 AM   #2

Re: windy saturday

Good morning Pamela and everyone.

Pamela do you think it could be the grit from the roads causing Barneys limp, I use Mushers Secret from "Amazon" on Gert's feet when the weather is too wet or grit on the roads.
I need to get into the loft as well not sure when I will do it as the loft insulation irritates me not massively but enough I need to be in the mood get in there get it out and then out...LOL....your sundial sounds lovely as do the lights etc think lots of people will be spending (if thy have it) on homes and garden this year given the restrictions etc.

Dinky hope your day is going well, love the idea of getting a rehomed dog as you know that's my choice.

Yola are you car hunting this weekend? en-suites and cars how grown up, thought of you the other day as my niece and her fiancé adore cats apparently Kates love comes from Oz and Cleo and she adores Persians they are planning on their next move to and then getting a Persian I am told.

Shelley hope you have a good weekend planned with out to much rain have fog here and damp. Have a lie in from your wine and sign evening and hope the reflux did not get you too badly.

HAVE A GOOD DAY everyone off out with Gert now then the butchers n the way home. Catch you all later

Catsey Veteran

06-02-2021, 02:20 PM   #3

Two threads running to replied to both. LOL

Right been out with Gert really foggy she was unsure about running too far after her ball as I was out of her sight, but she overcame it just as quickly when I stood still instead of walking on. She is normally not fussed but the fog was dense as we came down the track. Came home and remeasured also have some pavers left over (almost forgot about them as they are sitting on the wall so am planning on paving the top raised bit of the garden and removing my worn out grass. But increasing the planting up there. with some chunky plants and paving around them best I can a summer spring job I think. Be a nice place to put maybe a chair.

Also been to the butchers and Iceland may say I strongly recommend their own brand wood fired pizza scrumptious.

Back out with Gert and back home have cut and now given first coat of preserver for the wood I plan to use to create a sort of arch frame coming off the summer house making an entrance so to speak to the lower grass. Also marked out where I need to dig a hole to put a new washing line post in shortening the line away from the patio area is my plan.

Catsey Veteran

06-02-2021, 03:56 PM   #4

My Aunt is 104 now and lived in sheltered housing top floor of 3 and checks by pressing the flat numbers on intercom her immediate neighbours and friends (31 apparently) every day during lockdown if they don't answer she contacts the main desk. Her thinking is she is not to old to summon help. mind you when not in lockdown she is bowling, walking and ballroom dancing.