Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
02-02-2021, 06:41 AM   #1

Windy, but sunny Tuesday.

Good morning everyone.

It's Tuesday afternoon here and it's been a very windy day which has kept the heat down, thank goodness.I seem to have been very busy today. Early this morning, I went to Animates pet store which is quite a long way away, but they were having a good sale on RC cat biscuits. I had to bus there as I don't feel awake enough to drive, but anyway, I carried a BIG bag of biscuits home, saving $23.00, so it was worth it. Then i went to our local shopping mall to get a few groceries and walked there and back. Now my leg is sore but my back isn't too bad, thanks to the pills.BUT they make me so sleepy.I've got a big pot of mince cooking for tea. I haven't had mince for ages and i don't normally eat a lot of meat, but i just fancied some. Of course Janna wanted nachos but I'm not fussed on them and so mince and veges it is, for tonight anyway.Maybe nachos tomorrow night if I'm in a good mood.

Thanks for your kind thoughts over Bronte. If the truth be told, I sort of knew it wasn't going to work out with her, but I just didn't want to admit it.I am not very happy with the way the trainer treated her either. I don't know anything about training dogs but thought some of his methods were wrong.I know he doesn't like corsos much and I know the dog was completely out of it. I also think she should have been fully examined at the very start, not 2 months later, but I had better just keep my mouth shut here if I want to get one of Karen's dogs at the end of the year.

PAMELA,I do so hope you are sleeping a little better now.Perhaps The Corrs will do a tour after we get rid of this virus and you must go.Your poor dad must be feeling lonely. I know you try and see him as much as possible but it's hard when you work and have dogs to walk.We have Dominoes pizza not far from here and they are yummy.I bet you enjoyed yours.Do you have Hell pizza over there ? I think their pizzas would have to be my favourite and their dessert pizzas and platters are to die for.Wow, you sure went for a long walk the other day with the dogs. No wonder you had to rest your legs afterwards. You'll have to let me know what you thought of The Drowning last night. I haven't seen it here yet but will watch out for it.

KAZZ, lucky you to be on holiday this week. OK, you should have been in Madeira, but at least you can have a nice relaxing time at home and take Gert for lots of walks.You are so lucky to have the vaccines in your country. We are nowhere near getting them and I think Medsafe was looking to approve one of the vaccines today. We should know something tomorrow but when we'll receive them is still up in the air.However, we still have no community cases although we have a lot in managed isolation facilities, so we can afford to wait.It is much more important for the UK and USA to receive theirs first. Kazz, I do hope you have a lovely week off.

SHELLEY,yes, your cousin's funeral must have been very sad, especially for the two sons. I do hope that they are not young children. Congratulations to your dad on his 86th birthday. I hope he had a fantastic day and got lots of nice presents.I'm glad you were able to see him at a distance. Lock downs make life so difficult, but at least he was able to celebrate and have a special birthday dinner within his bubble.Good luck for your husband's physio visit on Friday. Hope he can get his pain under control.

YOLA, hope all is well with you and your knees aren't giving you too much grief.

My cousin has just rung . her dog, Cinder, is still not eating and has been vomiting and has diarrhea badly. She's taken her back to the vet this morning and she has been put on Cerenia to settle her tummy. This has been going on for a while now. Cinder is OK one day and then no good the next. She's on a special vet diet but it doesn't seem to be helping the poor girl.Next step is a scan of her tummy if she doesn't come right. Bloods have all come back clear of anything.She's a lovely dog and my cousin hates seeing her like this.She's going to ring me tonight and let me know how she is.

Well everyone, have a good Tuesday.Keep warm and safe. Oh yes, I know what i meant to ask. Does anyone know how to get burn marks out of the bottom of a good saucepan ? I has some dehydrated peas in the saucepan with no water, on the stove top and accidently turned on the stove element . I smelt burning after about 3 minutes and removed the pot but I can't get the burnt peas off.Any suggestions will be gratefully received. Thanks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
02-02-2021, 07:13 PM   #2

Re: Windy, but sunny Tuesday.

Evening friends.
Had a lovely productive day working today, all 3 zooms went well with the families and I even managed to video some.
Dinky, my cousins sons are adults.
Pamela, I'm recording the drowning, hope it's good, I'll probably binge watch.
Kazz, hope you enjoy your week off.
Hi to Yola

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
02-02-2021, 07:29 PM   #3

Evening Dinky and Shelley,

Dinky, sounds like you have had a busy day! I do hope you haven't done too much carrying heavy bags of food!! I was wary when you spoke about the trainer.

Shelley, glad your meetings have gone well. We have teams meetings in work ever week, getting used to them now.

Not much been happening, just working. Was meant to be on the late night so working until 6pm but my work laptop decided it was going to upgrade to office 2016 today at 5pm instead of Friday when i scheduled it to do it so couldnt do the late night but i did start at 830am instead of 10am today so had done a full shift anyway. Decided to put my PJs on when we came in from our walk this morning as im not out tonight to i have been nice and cosy all day

Lockdown restrictions arent being looked at again until the end of February. feels like this is going on forever, really fed up with lockdown now. only another month at the minimum we have to do!!

Take care everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-02-2021, 10:21 PM   #4

Evening all sorry been out in the garden tidying up, chilly but dryish.

Catch up tomorrow I promise watching on the BBC 56 days; America and the Pandemic started 20 minutes ago but going to watch it as I find this fascinating....from a distance.

Also Captain Tom died today of Covid 100 and counting. RIP