Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
30-01-2021, 10:30 AM   #1

Saturday Daily

Good morning everyone and welcome to the weekend.

It's Saturday evening here after a warmish, but pleasant day. The last few days have not been good as I have some sad news to tell you all about the cane corso girl. She was sedated and taken to the vet again on Thursday, where it was discovered that she had lesions on her brain and was in renal failure. The full extent of her injuries were horrific and more extensive than were originally thought.Jeff rang me and we made the decision to let her go peacefully to sleep.. I went to be with her and held her and told her she was beautiful . She was heavily sedated but I wanted her to know that someone cared. I told her that her name was Bronte.(the name of my very first mastiff). It's strange that as she was going to sleep, her tail started wagging. The vet said it was just a reflex action, but i like to think she was saying thank you. She is now running free with Willow. I am paying to have her cremated and I'll sprinkle her ashes at the forest where I used to walk Willow, when i get them back.That's the end of me looking for a rescue mastiff as I can't take on another abused dog. A breeder in Christchurch may have a female mastiff looking for a good home at the end of the year. Karen ,the breeder wants her to have a litter of puppies first and then she will have her spayed and find a good home for her. She will be 5 years old and is used to cats, so that could be a possibility. i definitely don't want a puppy. and i know Karen looks after her dogs very well and she won't breed from them after they turn 5. Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts towards Bronte. I only wish it could have been better news.

My cousin didn;t come round today as her dog is now sick and had to go to the vet this morning. It seems that she must have eaten something that upset her tummy, but she was given some medicine to help her, and the dog actually wanted to go for a walk tonight, so is getting over it. I'll probably see my cousin tomorrow, around lunch time.

No more fires around this area now, but we have a high fire danger alert in place. Also no more covid cases have been detected in the community so far, so we haven't moved up alert levels.

PAMELA, sorry you're not sleeping well at the moment.It makes for a very long night. I'm glad you were able to get out for a run yesterday. That should tire you out a bit and I hope you had a better sleep after that. Poor Barney going after another dog. Thank goodness he was on a leash, because you don't want fights. Sounds as if you had a nice relaxing evening listening to The Corrs. Aren't they an Irish group ? My favourite song of their's is "Breathless". What's yours ?

YOLA, another one not sleeping well. I know it must make you worn out the next day, especially when you have to work.I do hope you had a better sleep last night. Sorry your knees are playing up again. I don't suppose the cold helps either. At least you are able to get some relief from the injections., thank goodness. I hope the weights from Amazon arrive quickly. Our mail here is terrible.

KAZZ, yet another not sleeping well. I am sorry.especially as you have to get up so early to go to work. I hope you managed to get to bed a bit earlier last night and got a decent sleep. As for me, I'm drowsy all the time, thanks to the medication I'm on for my back.

SHELLEY, I hope you are sleeping well !!! You must be looking forward to the weekend after a busy week. I do hope you were able to attend your cousin's funeral and everything went smoothly.

Well everyone, have a good weekend, doing things you love. Hope the weather improves a bit for you all, you are able to relax and you can all get a decent nights sleep again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
30-01-2021, 07:13 PM   #2

Re: Saturday Daily

Hi DInky and anyone to follow.

I am soo sorry to hear of Brontes passing. I think her wag of her tail was her showing she knew she was cared for and liek you said, saying thank you. I am so glad you were with her an d am sure when the time comes when she comes home to you, she will be at peace especially when she runs free with Willow in the woods.

The breeders Mastiff sounds like she could be a perfect fit for you when the time comes especially if she is used to cats. Please keep us updated.

My favourite Corrs song is actually believe it or not Breathless as well!! closely followed by Irresistible and Runaway. We have said if they tour once corona is under control we are going to go. We were chatting last night and have decided to go to gigs more and just enjoy life!! It is way to short not too!! I also slept better last night which felt great!!

We took the dogs out for a walk, i went to see my dad and saw my sister as well. dad is doing ok but he was disappointed when i was leaving which made me feel bad but i will see him again next weekend and spend more time with him. We have just had a dominoes pizza which was amazing. Just relaxing tonight and doing a bigger walk tomorrow with the dogs. Sunday seems like a "big walk" day

I do hope everyone else managed to get a decent sleep. I know lockdown is making it hard for a to of people to sleep, it isnt helping me but i have so much else going on in my head at night that keeps me awake just now.

Take care everyone and i hope you all have a great weekend

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-01-2021, 02:53 PM   #3

Re: Saturday Daily

Quick check in
Afternoon all.

The government did good getting in early with the jab orders. Something we would not I think of been able to do if still part of the EU. Although I stand to be corrected. Good on them.
Been to work this morning and been out with Gert back home home now; Having the remainder of the chicken allbeit cold today with a roast dinner catching up on my recording of the voice from last night. Holiday from work next week should of been in Madeira but hey ho all good.

I have also just hung out my work clothes now out again with Gert back shortly