Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
27-01-2021, 10:33 AM   #1

Wednesday Daily.

Good morning everyone. It's nearly 9.30pm here after another very hot day. We've experienced a true heat wave over the last 2 days - 38 de grees yesterday and 36 today. The house is like a furnace but luckily there's a slight breeze now and tomorrow, it's going to rain. The 2 fires burning on the hills are now out, thank goodness. I haven't literally done anything in the last 2 days, not even watched TV as it was too hot. Hardly eaten anything either, just drunk water. I may have to get a new aircon at some stage, I think, as the part Elliot needs to fix it has to come from Germany and won't be here for some time. It's a fairly old one and I know they don't last forever, although Elliot reckons it will go fine again after the new part is installed.

It seems as if we have two more cases of covid in the community now and the government is going to provide an update tomorrow at 1pm. Hopefully they can contain it as they did last time. I'm keeping everything crossed that we don;t have another lock down.

PAMELA, hope you enjoyed your PJ day and that you managed to get your new contacts yesterday. I know that a present from your mum would be upsetting for you but your mum wanted you to have that gift and in time, you'll appreciate that and it will be treasured.You are so very lucky to have had such a close relationship with your mum.I hope you have a super chat with your friend tonight. You'll be looking forward to it.

SHELLEY, sounds as if work and zoom is all working out well for you. Hope you are getting through the lock down OK and the dogs tummies are all settled now.

YOLA, those renovations sound like fun and how lucky having such a handy husband.I bet your son will be looking forward to having his own bathroom. What a lucky boy.

KAZZ, I'm so glad you're not walking to work at that time of the morning.It's much safer to drive. Lucky you, having a holiday next week.Gert will love having you around all day.You asked me about the Cane Corso girl.She is a rescue through the mastiff club, a terribly abused young girl whom our club trainer has been working with for nearly 2 months now. She is still very aggressive and totally shut off from humans. I was going to take her IF she was trainable to live with cats. I have 5 indoor cats and Willow ,despite bring another abused rescue dog, was OK with them, but Willow, although aggressive to others, was very submissive with me. This new dog is totally different and although I've spent a lot of time with her, she still won't come near me or her trainer, and hardly eats anything. Her burns are not healing well either and she looks like a haunted shell of the beautiful dog she should be.The scan tomorrow may reveal something.Nobody could adopt her the way she is now. Sadly, many of the rescued mastiff breeds have been too badly treated to be able to be saved. Some humans should never ever be allowed to own an animal. It makes me feel so angry that such cruelty exists.Sorry to rave on about this.

Anyway, on a happier note, I hope everyone has a warm and safe Wednesday. I'm really looking forward to dancing in the rain tomorrow morning. It's still 25 degrees here tonight, so too hot to sleep yet. I'll go and have a drink of iced tea now.

Take care everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
27-01-2021, 11:16 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday Daily.

Hello folks.
Day off today so the plan is to walk the dogs to the nature reserve, if I can persuade them to walk that far.
It's not raining but damp and they don't like it.
To be honest they're more like cats than dogs.
Going to make a butter pie later and then have bible study.
Dinky, like you animal cruelty makes my blood boil.
Yola, your house sounds interesting, ours is a 70's bungalow.we had slush as,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
27-01-2021, 11:18 AM   #3

Will carry on here, my other post froze.
Kazz, we eventually had slush here but it was very slippery yesterday morning, I had to shuffle with the dogs.
Pamela, hope your video call went well, surprising what you have to get used to.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-01-2021, 02:41 PM   #4

Afternoon - just a flying visit as am between calls. I have 5 marketing calls set up today for the different business channels we operate, so it's very busy. 3 down, and I'm already soooo tired.

Snow all gone and it's raining now. Warmer at 7 degrees C, but not warm enough not to put the heating on. Cats spend most of their day with me in the sitting room sleeping on the sofa and windowsill. I have 2 almost floor to ceiling column radiators in here which really belt out the warmth. Problem is, Kiki falls so fast asleep, that snores terribly and I've had to apologise for the noise more than once when on a call

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-01-2021, 03:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinky
i

KAZZ,
You asked me about the Cane Corso girl.She is a rescue through the mastiff club, a terribly abused young girl whom our club trainer has been working with for nearly 2 months now. She is still very aggressive and totally shut off from humans. I was going to take her IF she was trainable to live with cats. I have 5 indoor cats and Willow ,despite bring another abused rescue dog, was OK with them, but Willow, although aggressive to others, was very submissive with me. This new dog is totally different and although I've spent a lot of time with her, she still won't come near me or her trainer, and hardly eats anything. Her burns are not healing well either and she looks like a haunted shell of the beautiful dog she should be. The scan tomorrow may reveal something. Nobody could adopt her the way she is now. Sadly, many of the rescued mastiff breeds have been too badly treated to be able to be saved. Some humans should never ever be allowed to own an animal. It makes me feel so angry that such cruelty exists. Sorry to rave on about this.

What a terrible shame, some dogs I am not being nasty in saying need peace maybe something neurological going on as well.

Sure you will be a brilliant home when the right one turns up.

Catsey Veteran

27-01-2021, 03:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Afternoon - just a flying visit as am between calls. I have 5 marketing calls set up today for the different business channels we operate, so it's very busy. 3 down, and I'm already soooo tired.

Snow all gone and it's raining now. Warmer at 7 degrees C, but not warm enough not to put the heating on. Cats spend most of their day with me in the sitting room sleeping on the sofa and windowsill. I have 2 almost floor to ceiling column radiators in here which really belt out the warmth. Problem is, Kiki falls so fast asleep, that snores terribly and I've had to apologise for the noise more than once when on a call
Have a great afternoon Yola. Got to say no cat you ever meet will make as much noise as "the noisy one" Myshka aka Lion.

Catsey Veteran

27-01-2021, 03:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Will carry on here, my other post froze.
Kazz, we eventually had slush here but it was very slippery yesterday morning, I had to shuffle with the dogs.
Pamela, hope your video call went well, surprising what you have to get used to.
Well the rain has taken it all away and today I am simply

Dog walk, work, dog walk, lunch, armchair, dog walk, dinner, dog walk, bed...and repeat. LOL

Catsey Veteran

27-01-2021, 03:28 PM   #8

Quote:

It seems as if we have two more cases of covid in the community now and the government is going to provide an update tomorrow at 1pm. Hopefully they can contain it as they did last time. I'm keeping everything crossed that we don;t have another lock down.

I am hoping they can contain it there too lots of variants appearing all over the World that appear to be easier spread.

Catsey Veteran

27-01-2021, 03:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Good morning everyone. It's nearly 9.30pm here after another very hot day. We've experienced a true heat wave over the last 2 days - 38 de grees yesterday and 36 today. The house is like a furnace but luckily there's a slight breeze now and tomorrow, it's going to rain. The 2 fires burning on the hills are now out, thank goodness. I haven't literally done anything in the last 2 days, not even watched TV as it was too hot. Hardly eaten anything either, just drunk water. I may have to get a new aircon at some stage, I think, as the part Elliot needs to fix it has to come from Germany and won't be here for some time. It's a fairly old one and I know they don't last forever, although Elliot reckons it will go fine again after the new part is installed.
It must be terrifying to live with the threat of fires.....stay safe. I would ask him to order another part now so when it goes again in 50 years you have it to hand. LOL

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-01-2021, 06:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Have a great afternoon Yola. Got to say no cat you ever meet will make as much noise as "the noisy one" Myshka aka Lion.
Oh my goodness, yes. Only he used to yell rather than snore. Coming back from picking him up from you he shouted all the 2 1/2 hours home lol. Naming him Myshka (mouse) perhaps wasn't the best decision I ever made. Bless him <3