Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-06-2010, 12:48 PM   #1

Poppies and garden

Been out and taken these.......day is gorgeous....and the acers are in full colour right now too....

Well these are my poppies the ones that have popped...

I defy you not to smile looking at these....its why I love them......

An overall picture just before it bursts into flower.....

One of the A Peony just about to burst into flower....

Bit of a close up not only of Sal's bum..........but of the raised alpine bed... it is doing as I wanted interest the majority of the year.

Catsey Veteran

04-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #2

Re: Poppies and garden

Also where I am spending the nice days while still on house arrest...which has now down graded to confined to barracks..... sun comes round late after noon about 2 and stays till sunset.

Or here for a brief sit.....and dog brushing....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
04-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #3

Super pics of your lovely garden ( and Sal's bum ) the raised bed of alpines is lovely, wouldn't mind trying that myself. Really must try and get the shady patch sorted, very prone to slugs at the mo.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-06-2010, 01:54 PM   #4

Looking beautiful and, as always, so very neat and tidy!

Love the display of marguerites (happy flowers!) and the colourful poppies. Is your peony going to be white or pale pink?

Your raised alpine bed has come on really well, that was good planning

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
04-06-2010, 02:14 PM   #5

Your garden looks great Kazz!.. it must be nice to be enjoying your confinement on sunny days like when the pics were taken and in lovely surroundings!... i can you imagine sitting out there... cup of tea... some bickies... or in the afternoon... a glass (or 3) of wine and a cheese platter

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-06-2010, 02:29 PM   #6

Have to say that looks like a really great place to be confined to Kazz. I love that Alpine bed.

Looks very Continental too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #7

I love your garden, particularly the alpine bed, i would like to make one, wish i could get a Belfast sink or something.
Your Poppies are gorgeous as are the Margeurites.

Catsey Veteran

04-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #8

Thanks all the peonie should be pale pink Mags if memory serves....have 4 in the garden now. And the pink poppy should be popping soon too.

Shelley my aim was to get a belfast sink, but gave up and went with the wooden planter......just added the legs.put loads of broken polkystrene and some broken pottery in the base then some soil and hey presto.

The roses up the fence are good this year too. Lovely scent...waiting for the jasmine (clotted cream) to kick in too....that is superb and is rambling up the trellis by the gate to the right of the tall acer and the left of the gate....should be magnificent this year scent wise...........mixed with the honeysuckle rambling through the rose. And I planted them down by the gate to give you a scent filled overload as you enter.......the jasmine and honeysuckle is also planted up against the pergola......so you think the scent is everywhere.

Had lavender coming up through the base of the gate trellis last year but overrun with bees/wasps etc....so it had to go as noone would come in that way.................tut tut....cowards.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #9

What a stunning garden you've made! There are far far worse places to spend your convalescence in. Poppies are gorgeous and of course I smiled at the daisies,,, who couldn't!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #10

Stunning as always Kazz just love seeing the poppies and peonies.