Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
02-11-2008, 11:38 AM   #1

Kitten updates..

What do you think of posting pictures weekly of all the foster kittens.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
02-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #2

Re: Kitten updates..

I think it's a great idea. It may encourage me to get my finger out and actually take pics of the ones I have lol.

At the moment I have a mum and 2 kits (there were 4 but the two tabbies, brother and sis) went to their new home together yesterday. So now I have Scotty (B&W), a lovely friednly little chap, and Starlight (Black), affectionatley known as the spwan of satan lol. She is VERY skittish and doesn't do well with handling at all, but we're persevering. Then mum is Fluff (shorthaired tabby), who is timid but a lovly lady nonetheless!

Catsey Veteran

02-11-2008, 01:54 PM   #3

Right Alex, you can start the pictures, love to see your little family...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
02-11-2008, 01:54 PM   #4

I think that's a wonderful idea.

However I won't really be able to post with weekly developments as I am now taking in all the cats for our branch, just to get them ready for their fosterers. So I take them in - worm them, frontline them, get them blood tested, neuter them if old enough & not nursing a litter, microchip them, take their photo for the shop displays and sort out all their paperwork... then ship them out to fosterers. It's working well & it means I get to have cats in but don't have to do the rehoming of them or have people viewing them. So although I will be able to post all my new cats I won't be keeping them for longer than about 7 days.
(Incidentally I think I've workied out how to use photobucket so will have a go at posting some pics of my kittens later)

Catsey Veteran

02-11-2008, 01:57 PM   #5

It will be good to see what you have going to foster Smudgley...Although my lot will be 8 weeks next Sunday, and probably start to be rehomed....
Then that will be me till I come back from America...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-11-2008, 02:10 PM   #6

I can do that the thing is will I be able to reign myslef in to just that.......................just had visitors who were two kitten crazy nieces.........the boys (kittens) were golden....the girls (human teenagers) were a little frisky........and kept going "Awwwww" at every move or miaow. But I forget as Katies said they only knew "old cats" because they were over 10 when Katie was born and she is 16 on the 5th, so they only knew cats in their teens and remarkably rock solid...........

Catsey Veteran

02-11-2008, 02:15 PM   #7

Okay here are my lot

Starlight and mum Fluff (why she was given that name I have no idea , but she came in with it)

and happy chappy Scotty

Catsey Veteran

02-11-2008, 02:24 PM   #8

What a pretty little family, love the little black one.....How old are they Alex??

Catsey Veteran

02-11-2008, 02:30 PM   #9

They're 12 weeks now Moli. And we reckon mum is about 1 year. The main problem is we're not having anyone phone up to rehome just now, the credit crunch seems to be hitting here quite strongly!

Catsey Veteran

02-11-2008, 02:37 PM   #10

There should be someone coming to see mine this next week...but think its the same all over...Its the adults up here that just are not moving...