Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
29-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #1

Show brag - Bliss & Mildred

What a weekend! We set off Friday teatime with Bliss and Mildred down to Cambridgeshire, we stopped over night at a Travel Lodge The girls were really good, although Bliss had come into call and squealed all night Little sleep for us and indeed most of the residents of the Travel Lodge that night Set off early the next morning after a hearty breakfast to the Bedford show at the Wood Green Animal Centre. Both girls did really well, Bliss won her open class, got her 2nd CC (only one more CC and she'll have Champion status ) and Best of Breed she got one first and a second in her side classes. Mildred won her open but lost out on the BOB to a gorgeous chocolate spotted boy who went onto to win best in show kitten, she got a 2nd and two 3rds in her sides. Charlie came to lend her support and after the show we went back to Charlie's and met the gorgeous Lily, Abi, Bernard and Kuta and of course the most adorable fluffy kittens you could ever meet!!! A lovely time was had by all

Just arrived at the Travel Lodge and Mildred wonders if it is safe to venture out of the carrier...

Didn't take her long before curiosity got the better of her..

and soon both girls were happily exploring and trashing their new territory

Bliss at the show..

Mildred at the show...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
29-04-2007, 07:51 PM   #2

Re: Show brag - Bliss & Mildred

Awwww big Congratulations to you all - gorgeous pics x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-04-2007, 08:06 PM   #3

Oh well done, Fran, that's great! Love the pics of the girls exploring. You must be really chuffed; and now nice to see Charlie and her furbabies!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
29-04-2007, 08:16 PM   #4

Very well done!

You are taking this seriously Fran, wouldnt catch me doing more than a 2hr journey to a dog show!!
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
29-04-2007, 08:22 PM   #5

Well done!! great to hear they have done so well...

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-04-2007, 08:24 PM   #6

Well done Bliss, Mildred and Fran ......congratulations girls!! It sounds like you had a very busy weekend what with all the travelling as well Fran ... but it was well worth it.

How nice to see Charlie as well..... and the bonus of meeting her cats and kittens too!

Catsey Veteran

29-04-2007, 08:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
You are taking this seriously Fran, wouldnt catch me doing more than a 2hr journey to a dog show!!
Dawn.
To be honest Dawn, we could have done the Manchester next week instead of the Bedford but we thought it would be a nice night away (hubby and I's wedding anniversary in a couple of days and the children didn't want to come) and we had heard that Wood Green was such a lovely venue - which it is Plus which it's nice to see what is being shown 'down south' you sort of get fed up seeing the same cats at every show

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
29-04-2007, 08:34 PM   #8

Yeah i heard that about Cat shows, same faces etc its a lot like that in dogs to a certain extent but the entries are much bigger in the classes, at least in the stronger breeds. I was chuffed when I got res with Breeze at Crufts in such a big entry, but although I was chuffed for my friend when she told me her dog was made into a champion, when you have 13 dogs, BOTH sexes all told, it doesnt seem to mean much at all. Still its the show game I suppose.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

29-04-2007, 08:43 PM   #9

To be honest with the cats it depends on the individual shows. At the Bedford, Mildred's side classes where quite big. One of the shows we entered with Bliss, the side classes had 12 entries in, other shows there have only been four or five, it's the luck of the draw really but it's a nice feeling when your cat does well in a large class Withholding of first place, CC's and BOB's is quite common in the cat fancy so even if you are the only cat in the class you have no guarantees of a win

Mildred is still in kitten classes which are always popular. I think this will be Mildred's last show now as a kitten and she'll not go out again now until she is an adult. Obviously I want to get Bliss out to get her final CC..

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
29-04-2007, 09:29 PM   #10

well done to you and your beautiful girls love the pics