Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
27-08-2023, 05:16 AM   #1

Sunday daily

Good morning ladies,
It's 3;15PM here and the sun is shining ,although there was a bit of rain about an hour ago. I've got a bit of washing out - all the cats blankets -so not sure if they'll dry. I'm just going to leave them out all night anyway. We've been having a few small quakes over the last few days, which is a bit unnerving, especially as I've been on my own at night. Janna has been working until 2am Friday and Saturday nights. On Friday night ,there was an obesity conference on and last night, there was a big makeup conference ,which she loved. After the conference, the clients all left to get changed into fancy dress ,then returned for a meal and dance. Janna said some of the costumes were amazing - her favourite was a Cruella DeVille outfit. from 101 Dalmations.

I tried to get one of the cat towers I was after from the makers in Australia, but they only supply to shops. They told me that Animates can order one from them, so I AGAIN asked Animates,who said no. They will not order in just one. When I told the firm in Australia, they were furious, as they do supply to Animates and they are now going to speak to their NZ Rep to see if she can supply me one (if she has any in stock). They are also going to complain to Animates unfortunately, which I don't want, as I deal with them all the time for cat food etc. What a fiasco the whole thing has been. Anyway, if I can't get one, there is a NZ firm in the North Island that make cat towers to order, so they would be able to make me a similar one, and it would really be so much easier.

I am still seeing my counsellor once a week and will continue to do so, as I am feeling much better than I was Unfortunately I've got really bad sinus again and my whole face is aching and I'm sneezing all the time. I don't really want any more antibiotics, so I'm just keeping warm and using a nasal spray and taking pain relief. Gosh it feels as if all my top teeth are aching !!! I was meant to have Oren this weekend but just wasn't up to it but I promised he could come next weekend and we'll do some baking together and perhaps a craft project.

Today, I've been tidying up the bookcase in the back conservatory and I furminated the cat tower out there. I took one look at the carpet which is covered in white fur, but decided not to touch it. My vacuum cleaner does not pick up the fur on that dreadful lawn carpet that EQC put down. Janna's going to use the furminator on it tomorrow ,as she's not working now until Wednesday.

Just having apricot chicken swirls for tea tonight with some nice veges. Janna's going to do it, as I don't want to handle food while I'm blowing my nose all the time.. Then another Harry Potter movie is on TV tonight, so we're going to watch that..

PAMELA , I'm glad that you were able to keep busy last Tuesday, and that you got through the day OK. It's always a sad time .I hope Harris has settled down a bit. He must really want to go out ,now that he knows what the great outdoors is like. It's annoying that his meows are waking you up though. How disappointing for you and Robyn that her training instructor has covid. I know you must have been so looking forward to that first lesson. Let's hope the instructor has a swift recovery and you'll be set to go soon. I hope you were able to get out on the bikes yesterday, seeing it was a nice day. AND the Brittany day today has also been cancelled. Gosh, what bad luck, but I hope you plan to take Robyn training instead today. Now for Mia - it sounds as if the medications are working and she will be back to normal soon, Pamela. It's always horrid when our pets are sick. Let's hope that your girl has no further trouble with her back.. It must have been so painful for her. I hope Steven has a good flight to London today. How long is he away for ? You'll feel safe overnight, anyway, with two dogs in the house.

SHELLEY, yes it must seem so quiet in the van now that James and Hannah have gone back home again, but how lovely for you and Chris that they were both able to spend that time with you. At least you've got Howard back with you again. It sounds as if you are having a great time Shelley and you've still got a few days to go yet before you head off home. it must feel really magical seeing all the wildlife around you and eating lovely meals in little cafes. I feel quite jealous. !!! I hope you enjoyed your visit to Portpatrick AND your game of bowls last week. Have you played bowls before ? A lot of people seem to play it here, but I've never been interested. I don't think my knees would stand up to it ! I guess you'll be looking forward to your doll fair when you get home, although you won't have much time to prepare for it. I do hope you enjoy the rest of your time at the van and get some decent weather so you can get into the sea.

Well ladies, it's just started raining again here. Getting rather windy too. I might go and watch Jackson Galaxy now and then await my tea. Oh, it's so lovely being waited on !!!

Have a fantastic Sunday Pamela and Shelley and safe traveling Steven.