Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
02-08-2023, 07:26 AM   #1

Wednesday daily

Good morning ladies. Wednesday nearly 6pm here and it's been very windy all day. A couple of palings have blown off the fence, and it's been freezing cold. Now, it's started hailing as well . I'm all on my own tonight as Janna started work at 5:30pm tonight and will work through until 2am tomorrow. I'm going to wait up for her as I'm too scared to go to sleep. I'll put the Shine christian channel on TV as I know there'll be nothing spooky on there.

I went to the New World supermarket at St Martins today and got the cat tubes I wanted. Unfortunately I bought a few other things that I fancied, but didn't really need - just grocery items but I spent just over $100 AND I'd already done my fortnightly shop at the start of the week. I usually try to keep to my budget, but I'm afraid I've blown it this fortnight. Oh well, it's nice to have a few luxuries once in a while. Our food prices are going through the roof here. I don't know what yours are like but I imagine they'd be much the same. Poor Brenna got a monthly power bill of $1000 last month. I'm sure it's wrong as they have gas heating as well as heat pumps and underfloor heating. She says they've only had the underfloor heating on and nothing else, so they are going to check it out with their power company.

Nothing else going on here . My cats aren't going out tonight as it's far too cold. Freddie is starting to get all matted but I can't get him shaved yet due to the weather. I try and brush him, but he fights me all the way. and bites really viciously As they get older, they seem to matt up more easily.

Pizza slices tonight for my tea, and I'll keep some for Janna when she gets home. It's going to be a very cold night.

PAMELA, hope work is going OK and you're not working too hard. Are you getting some decent weather now, or is it still a bit dull ? Nearly half way through the week now, so soon will be the weekend. I hope that Robyn's training is continuing to go well.

SHELLEY,hope you're getting a bit of decent weather, although that 9 days of rain does not sound good. At least you've got some books and probably a jigsaw puzzle or two to carry on with. I bet the pups don't like the rain. Is Chris enjoying himself at the van ? I hope you can both get out for a walk somewhere today without it raining.

Well ladies, it's a real storm outside now. No flooding so far. Hope it stays like that. I'm off to heat up a slice of pizza and fill myself a hottie. I've got the heat pump on but this lounge is so big, that it takes ages to heat up. I love a nice hottie. !!!

Have a wonderful Wednesday Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
02-08-2023, 09:52 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday daily

Morning
Well its lashing down here at the moment, the dogs need to go out but are curled up in tight balls, either side of me.
Yesterday, Chris and myself watched the England v China footy match, im not really in to it but Chris is.
Was a good match.
The sun came out yesterday afternoon and it was lovely and warm again.
Dinky, food prices are through the roof here too, we dont go for many meals out now on our holidays and every food shop costs a bomb.
We are going to the pub/resteraunt this evening though and if we've been stuck in all day will be ready for it.
Pamela, hope all ok with you, we are no doubt sharing this rainy weather, lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
03-08-2023, 07:50 PM   #3

Re: Wednesday daily

Good evening ladies,

Been busy with work as dealing with a laptop issue for a colleague for the last 3 days and now got a whatsapp group running so i can help tonight if needed!! Been nonstop at the moment which is great as it makes a quick day and its great experience and shows my manager im willing to put the work in

Robyns training is going well, she is getting more focused and checking in with me. We arent doing big walks in the morning as we are training but we are still out for at least 45mins. Im off to Birmingham, again Sept/Oct so would be good to have Robyn walking better for Steven before i go so its easier on him.

We were out trailing last night and she did great again. Still waiting on the forms coming out but they are currently being updated then they will be sent to us.

Harris has also been grounded since last weekend as he is covered in cuts. We think he has been fighting so we want his cuts to heal. He brought us a rabbit a couple of weeks ago as well which was nearly the same size as him!!!

Dinky so sorry to hear you have been having a difficult time. I am so glad you are speaking to a counsellor and it is helping you. Grief is a horrible thing. I hope your ok on your own tonight until Janna gets home. Definitely dont watch anything scary!! Sorry to hear that another wee bird passed away in the garden.

As shelley has mentioned, the cost of food and essentials has went stupidly high. I went to Asda today for toilet roll, kitchen roll, box of cat food and tea bags and a couple of little extras and i was £50!! that used to be about £35 before inflation

Shelley i hope you have a lovely time at the caravan. You are soo brave doing the sea sports. The weather here today has been ok, ive had my washing out for a while today. What did you do today?

Enjoy the rest of your evening ladies