Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-12-2010, 10:59 PM   #301

Re: Quiz, Wedneday 1 December '10

we have harris microchipped but he was chipped by the cats protection before we got him, we just had to give them our details for the chip

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
01-12-2010, 11:00 PM   #302

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
we have harris microchipped but he was chipped by the cats protection before we got him, we just had to give them our details for the chip
apparently the vets will see to that when time for neutering comes up... something to do with the need for anesthetic I believe.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-12-2010, 11:00 PM   #303

Pamela, all of mine over the years have been indoor only with walks on harnesses (except Leia). I'm directly on a busy heavily trafficed street, and only blocks from the woods where there are foxes, raccoons and opossums! And when I originally moved here there was no leash law so loose roaming dogs were a problem.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-12-2010, 11:01 PM   #304

im away to bed, up early for work tomorrow providing can get the car out of where we have parked it.

Goodnight everyone and thanks for a greeat quiz

Catsey Veteran

01-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #305

Night Pamela - sleep well, was good talking to you!

Catsey Veteran

01-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
I guess I probably could, though will admit to being a tiny bit shy when it comes to volunteering for things, especially first time. Any hints/tips?

I did think that cats in general got used to how their own lives panned out... she'll still be microchipped etc - just in case she ever slips out...
Suuirrel, it would be great if you volunteer to be quizmistress nest week ... although I admit it's much more fun to play! PM me if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help. It's so nice having active new members.

Catsey Veteran

01-12-2010, 11:14 PM   #307

OK... Thanks Eileen. Will do so. Guess it's best to have things settled. So, I've a week to come up with 10 general knowledge questions from a variety of different subjects, hopefully hitting a balance between obscure and simple answers! Some ask when it comes to a person whose not terribly up on her general knowledge! Oh well, have a week to do research I guess!

Catsey Veteran

01-12-2010, 11:22 PM   #308

I get ideas for Qs sometimes from an article I've read in the paper/magazine, from an answer to my crosswords, from something I've seen like the drey I noticed yesterday ... and when all else fails, Google trivia! And yes, a mixture of easy and harder ones, but that of course varies, something I think is obscure everyone nails. And vice versa. I'm one of those annoying people who are reasonably organized and keep a scratch pad by the computer where I jot down a possible Q so I don't panic when I realize the quiz is tomorrow and I have no Qs!

Catsey Veteran

01-12-2010, 11:24 PM   #309

OK then, thanks! Will see how it goes...