Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-12-2007, 10:27 PM   #1

The Mysteries of Christmas

Okay I have just made myself laugh. And thought I would let you join in.
I had a phone call yesterday from my sister asking what Mom and Dad want for Christmas, gave a couple of suggestions, today got a phone call from my brother asking what Mom would like. And telling me what he had got Dad..which happened to be the suggestion I gave my sister. So rang Di to tell her Mick has got XXXX for Dad, so don't buy it......DISASTER.... she has already brought it She will return hers as Mick will be thrown into Christmas panic if he has to return something..... ...Gave Di another suggestion for Dad

Then I rang my sister in law to see what my brother wants...and my brother in law to see what my sister wants...... ...confused you will be.....wait a moment

I rang Dave's sister to see what his Dad wants...she rang me back to ask what Dave wants...... .....Dave (who is away)rang me to ask what his sister wants so I rang her husband to see he said...no idea but if I find out then let him know. ....I rang her daughter and she told me so I told her to tell her Dad and then rang Dave to tell him. He rang me back to ask what size..... ...I said scarfs only come in one size.

God knows who is ringing whom to ask what I want.

But today I brought some things for Mom from Dad. Mom brought a pair of shoes for herself to give to me to give to Dad.....as a surprise..as she has "funny" feet .....

I imagine this mystery unfolds all over the Country....at this time of year.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
15-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #2

Re: The Mysteries of Christmas

that sounds mental
I gave up asking several years ago coz my mum told every one what my dad wanted, thing is she told every one the same thing and my poor father ended up with 8 jumpers

Catsey Veteran

15-12-2007, 10:38 PM   #3

No its fun really as long as you take it all with a pinch of salt and buy what you think they'd like.....not what you get told...(in effect pointless asking) however it gets us in the swing.... and I am confused and Im in the centre of it all or should that be I am in the square and they are in the triangle.......who knows its CHRISTMAS

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-12-2007, 10:51 PM   #4

That was lovely Kazz. I didn't 'arf chuckle!!! Good luck with the presents - I do hope somebody gets you something you would like/want!!!

Catsey Veteran

15-12-2007, 11:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
That was lovely Kazz. I didn't 'arf chuckle!!! Good luck with the presents - I do hope somebody gets you something you would like/want!!!
Thanks they nearly always do as I like/want everything someone buys me....as its always brought with love if not always common sense...my brother in his younger days brought me a car radio...lovely but I did not have a car he did though.... ....he also once got me a card saying "to my brother and sister in law"....... ...his present buying has improved since he married

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-12-2007, 11:06 PM   #6

Those BOYS!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-12-2007, 11:45 PM   #7

ROFL, Kazz! Hope everyone manages to get something he/she wants...and that question about what size scarf had me laughing out loud....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
16-12-2007, 11:10 AM   #8

Hehe Kazz your family sounds a bit like mine