Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
05-08-2012, 01:26 AM   #1

Injuried cat

This morning when I went out to call the dogs in from doing their biz up the garden, I noticed a neighbours cat limping. He was holding one of his front paws up which looked very swollen.

My nephew knows their son some so i asked him to notify them that their cat was hurt. As the day wore on, no one came to ask about the cat. The cat turned up again around tea time. He likes to lie beside ours sometimes when they are out in their run. His poor paw was grossly swollen. I attempted to encourage him to come to me but he looked wretched and so sore. He had got up onto the shed roof next to the cat run where it would've been impossible to get to him.

I decided to keep trying to coax him down - left it for an hour. Took some food out in a dish and after about half hour he very painfully made his way down to me. His poor foot and leg, the leg was swollen right to the shoulder Without further ado I lifted him, swiftly made my way indoors, popped him into a carrier (got a bit of hissing) and took him to his own home.

I asked them to return the carrier when my nephew was next at their house and after telling them about the poor cat made my leave. I do hope they get him treated, if nothing else he really needed pain relief. Part of me thinks I should have taken him to,the vet myself but then you can't really do that with someone else's pet especially when they live so close can you - just hope the wee guy is ok

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #2

Re: Injuried cat

Poor boy, I do hope he gets treatment.you will have to keep a check on him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #3

Poor cat - surely it would be a matter for your animal protection (not sure, do you have RSPCA in N.I.?) if the owners did not seek treatment for their cat? It must come under causing an animal undue pain and distress.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
09-08-2012, 03:01 AM   #4

Pleased to report this wee man is fine again. It appeared to have been some kind of sting. Two days later he was out and about doing his rounds - social boy; of the neighbouring houses!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #5

Good news!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #6

Thanks for the update, Helen. I'm glad he's better