Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: 2
03-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #1

Need kitten advice

1st of all I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.

As you may know I have a litter of kittens who are now 15 days old. Eyes are all open and looking good, they are trying to support more weight on their little legs and mum is doing a great job. So here are the questions. Kittens (5 of them) are in a box where they were born. Mum can jump in and out but kittens are safe inside. It's long enough for mum to lay down and feed with some room for now. But when is best to move them into something they can get out off like a cat bed ? Or what is the next step from the box as they will want to explore the room soon I would think? They are in what should be my 4yr old daughters room which is fully kitten proof.

I really don't know when or how to wean either I lnow it's not for another week or more but if anyone could advise that would be great.

Sorry for all the questions

Sarah

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #2

Re: Need kitten advice

Hi Sarah - too early to start weaning atm - I had to look it up too!

Hope posting this link is OK http://cats.about.com/od/kittencare/...ck6weeks_2.htm

Seems like a good straightforward guide to kitten development week by week. Hope it helps.

Any chance of MORE PHOTOS???

Cats owned: 2
03-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #3

Re: Need kitten advice

Thanks for that link its great I will save it and can refer back to it. Yes i will take more pics today and put them up, mum has had the door left open to the room shes in for the last 4h shes come down for a while had cuddles and look around for food scraps she can pinch nipped back to feed the babies than came down for a bit longer. So at least i know i can leave the door open and she will go back to them which i was worried about.