Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 Raggie X boy
20-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #1

Strange thing happened!

Hi,

My cat Henry brought in a large bone that is definitely a dog's bone. He was carrying it like a little puppy and gave it to me!

I know we have a little Bichon Frise next door (that is terrified of Hen!) so I'm guessing it's from him, but what worries me is that a fox might have brought it from somewhere. Henry might be going near a fox's den which is hardly ideal.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #2

Re: Strange thing happened!

I'd be inclined to check with your neighbours to rule out whether the bone belonged to the Bichon first! I wouldn't think a cat would go anywhere near a fox's den, they are much too sensible.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #3

Re: Strange thing happened!

He could have picked it up from anywhere I think we would be surprised how far our cats roam......could be from anyones garden - or rubbish bin. I mean your location is London (according to your profile) so I imagine you have a few takeaways etc around.

Cats are not stupid in what they eat unlike dogs who gulp things down greedily I doubt he would will come to any harm. But of course now you've seen the bone you are worrying. The life of a cat owner.