Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

View Poll Results: Inside or outside?
Inside only cats 3 21.43%
Cats free to roam inside and outside 6 42.86%
Cats may go outside, but only with supervision 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Cats owned: 2 former-ferals.
06-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #11

Re: Inside or outside?

Both of my cats were feral before we took them in so they live outside/in the garage (my parents won't allow them in the house because out old cats peed in our old house) though sometimes we let them inside with supervision and for cuddles.

We live kind of in the country-ish area beside a main road and we have three acres... Pepper never leaves the area around the house though (*knocks on wood*) and Natasha knows to not go by the main road (we know because she chased another feral across the road and didn't follow) and she usually sticks pretty close by the house (she will cross the dirt road in front of the house sometimes though). They stay in the garage at night.

If I could have them in the house I would because I do worry about them... but they would be outside anyway if they hadn't come to us. So as long as they stay inside at night, I feel a bit better, because we do have big coyotes around here. They do seem to like the freedom.

They do have collars (with tags) and they both are spayed, we feed them and give them flea/tick-medication too.. They will be getting other vaccinations and a microchip each soon as well. They're pretty spoiled for formerly-stray/feral cats.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
09-08-2012, 02:58 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrskatyb

And velvet... That cat pen is immense!x
Thank you, someday I would like to extend it a bit for them, they do love the freedom that it gives them and since the kitten has been allowed out into the run he has really come on in leaps and bounds. It makes them that bit more independent. There are a few tom cats round this area so they are safe from that aspect as well. One of our neighbours cats got beat up by one of the roaming tom cats recently

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy's
09-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #13

We have always had cats who were free to raom in the day and stayed in at night. When Tigger was run over last year, it made me understand why people would want to take away that danger. The cats I have now are used to their lifestyle and I couldn't take that away from them as they enjoy going out too much.