Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
11-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #11

Re: Cat Claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellisamay123
thank you everyone for your comments but i found a company called [Mod edit] that provide glue on claws and they are working brilliantly, also they do different colours
I am sorry, but think its cruel to use these things...Cats are supposed to have sharp claws....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
12-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annestaff
Have you bought some for your Pug too?
Does the pug claw the furnature too?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Does the pug claw the furnature too?
Yep, but not to worry stick on psychedelic claws to the rescue

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
12-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annestaff
Yep, but not to worry stick on psychedelic claws to the rescue

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 oriental SH cross & 1 LH mog
atracattus is Male
12-07-2012, 11:47 PM   #15

I remember reading about these false claws when they first came out. They were a response to the abhorrent practise of de-clawing in the US, and were seen as a new dawn so to speak. It's much better to use them instead of de-clawing, but still not absolutely necessary.

The way I see it, is if using them causes your cat distress or frustration, don't use them. But if your cat doesn't care and has a habit of destroying every man-made fabric in existence then they could be a godsend. Personally I would rather trim the claws of one of my cats as it doesn't inhibit the shedding process the way false claws can apparently do.

My big fatty Felix has never been able to fully retract his claws, and as a result we do trim them once a month. It prevents him from getting stuck on everything, and helps reduce damage to our clothing, bedding, carpet, sofa etc etc... Thankfully he doesn't mind as long as he gets treats. He is a very placid laid back kinda guy.

Cats owned: 1 BSH
31-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #16

I really can't condone you using those awful plastic claws on your cat, poor thing!!

But I had a similar problem with my old boy last year, and I lived in furnished rented accommodation so I purchased some Sticky Paws strips from Pet Planet (double sided sticky to stick to problem areas on the sofa, without leaving a mark when you remove) and they stopped him scratching the sofa. Much nicer than forcibly attaching plastic to your kitty's feet with toxic glue
xx