Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #11

Re: That Izzi . . .

That is something I do not miss the feeling in the pit of your tummy when you realise you have not "seen" them in a while when in reality they are curled up under a neighbours bush.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
02-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #12

Re: That Izzi . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthisouthere
Calismum my Chesi is the same!
I've recently tried to keep him in at night and under safe surveillance, but it seems to be stressing him out a little. So we've reached a compromise; he goes out when I let him out, cat flap locked one way, so when he goes out last thing he's not out all night. Then at 6 a.m or some other wee hour when the lane's very quiet he'll ask to go out again. He been used to being out all night. He's since put on weight as he is so used to going on his nocturnal forays. He'll now cry wanting to go out again, hates using the litter tray, so I give in..It's against his nature, he's a true nocturnal and this is how he gets his stimulation and exercise, despite having his mad 15 mins playing with his toys each day/night. It started when he had his op and he was in for so long, I thought this would be a good opportunity to keep him inside more, where at least I know where he is. (He went missing one night for 3 days and 4 nights a few months ago), but..old habits die hard. He's usually on the bed by morning gently snoring away. Admitedly this is the best sight of the day when I wake up, to find my 2 cats safe..so I know where you're coming from CM..
So far her worst has been 23 hours - I really hope she doesn't push it to 3 days - It is amazing how seeing them safe lets you have instant relaxation

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Yes, every morning OH and I check with each other to make sure one of us has seen Kizzy and/or Pip. They are both still young and healthy and come and go at all times. As the weather gets colder, they do tend to stay in at nights.
I'm hoping wet and cold and snow will change things

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I wish you luck in your discussion CM!
Didn't work - 6am this morning - still no sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
That is something I do not miss the feeling in the pit of your tummy when you realise you have not "seen" them in a while when in reality they are curled up under a neighbours bush.
horrid feeling isn't it