Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
20-09-2008, 05:24 PM   #11

Re: Anaphylactic Shock *prayers needed*

Poor little man,. healing vibes coming for him...Hope he is better tomorrow....x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #12

How truly terrifying, but thank heaven the vet is knowledgable about ferrets and you were still at the practice to enable her to react quickly to save him. I know he's not out of the woods yet, but hopefully there's been no lasting damage done and the symptoms will wear off as the vaccine leaves his system and the drugs take effect. Big hugs for you all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
20-09-2008, 07:58 PM   #13

That must have been very scary! Thank heavens he was at the vets and got treatment straight away!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
20-09-2008, 09:30 PM   #14

thank you everyone for your kind thoughts. i'm happy to report baby bear is home now. the vet called me a few hours ago and she was on her way to a personal appointment one town over and described her vehicle so i could just grab him from the backseat without looking for her first. she must have given him a bath for me as all the blood is off his white fur and he smells like shampoo. she is so nice.
after a thorough sniffdown on everyone's part he gobbled up some kibble and had a nice plate of soup. then him and his brother settled down for a bonding nap. i had to put some ferretone on him and the conditioning spray i usually use so monkey would stop being out of sorts about the way he smelled. he seemed to accept that and now they are back to normal again. i will definitely be watching his potties for blood though as he hasn't gone to the bathroom yet and i'm thinking they might be off at first.
this house just wasn't a home without baby bear in it. monkey and i were restless all night. the only place i was able to fall asleep was their room so i stayed in there with the phone next to me on high volume. things are returning to normal, thank goodness although i am watching him like a hawk.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-09-2008, 09:33 PM   #15

Good news Tink! How's his eye by the way???

I think your vet is tops!

Catsey Veteran

20-09-2008, 09:40 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Good news Tink! How's his eye by the way???

I think your vet is tops!
it was just a small hemmhorage that is already almost healed and no antibiotics needed.
i agree, this vet is so wonderful. i just found her last month and i am so grateful. we live in a very small town and i almost had to drive over an hour away for a ferret vet before i found her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #17

I'm so relieved it came out all right, Tink! Very stressful for you. And what a lovely woman that vet is!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
20-09-2008, 10:17 PM   #18

So glad to hear that Bear has recovered, poor baby!
What a distressing experience for you both.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-09-2008, 10:16 AM   #19

So pleased to hear baby bear has recovered, Tink....

Catsey Veteran

22-09-2008, 03:44 AM   #20

update: he slept all day yesterday only to wake to chow down on nearly two bowls of food by himself (he never eats that much in one sitting). today he played for the first time since friday morning (a ferret is just not a ferret if it's not playing..LOL). but now he's really worn out. other thing..someone has not used the litter box at all since he came home...and seems to be relieving himself right where your foot would drop when you enter a doorway (to multiple rooms). i thinks he's uhm..."expressing his feelings".