Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
03-09-2008, 11:30 AM   #1

I'm so annoyed with an irrasponsible owner

I had just got back from taking my daughter too school. i was asked if a cat was mine it was my neighbours. They was a staffie running loose and he was friendly too humans. He was lost so i followed him down the road and he went into a farms field with cows and then carried on down the road towards me. He ran a bit futher the turned around nearly got hit by 3 cars. I was talking to a old man who said the farmer had the right to shoot him as he was worrying the animals. I then found out he was the one that found PI the kitten and tried to get him help he was upset when i told him that he had died. He gave me a bit of string and i took the dog back to the shop and tied him up. The lady in the shop started to phone around for the dog warden who would have come out. I got him some food as he looked starving. Somebody then took me around too where he lived and the owner said why did you bring hime back. There was only a fence that was proped up as well so i thing he would do it again. What gets me and most of you why do people get dogs or any animal and then just want to disgard it like rubbish. I had too bite my lip and not say a thing. Sorry its a long post but i am so mad with the owner. Too top it off Kado brought me his first present home a baby bird and started to eat it.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-09-2008, 12:04 PM   #2

Re: I'm so annoyed with an irrasponsible owner

I agree Jane - it is beyond belief that someone would have a dog and just not worry about it getting out - apart from the dog's own safety, it could have caused an accident if a car had hit it. It was nice that you have found out who the man is who discovered Pi the kitten - he sounds like a sympathetic man.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
03-09-2008, 12:33 PM   #3

I realy feel sorry for the dog he needs too be somewhere where he is wanted. I have never seen the man before and must be at least 75 i truley kind man. Ive started crying again about Pi thinking could i have done something if i had tried to find him maybe he might not have suffered has long. Pi was going too be my cat but the OH decided to not have it a week before we should have got him also i saw him from a few hours old.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
03-09-2008, 01:17 PM   #4

Unfortunately there are too many owners that allow their dogs just to roam.....Cannot see it changing either, they just do not give a dam!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-09-2008, 02:27 PM   #5

So sorry the thought of Pi has got you upset again Jane.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
03-09-2008, 07:07 PM   #6

We have a neighbour like that, I've taken her Staffie pup back to her at least 15 times in the last couple of months-bearing in mind that we live on a busy main road. Each time the woman says she 'can't understand how she gets out' I've seen the pup squeezing under the gate and told her so but she still maintains she doesn't know how she keeps getting out. She's a lovely little dog, I think she spends a lot of time on her own and is looking for company