Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
07-04-2024, 02:08 AM   #1

Sunday lunch time and I'm back.!!!

Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
I can't believe that this is the first time I've been on Catsey for at least 3 weeks, but now I'm finally back with a vengeance. Oh, how I have missed both of you so very much and I've been trying to catch up on all your news and what's been going on with my two best friends on the other side of the world. As you have probably guessed, my recovery hasn't been going to plan at all, as my leg got badly infected and I ended up back in hospital on yet more antibiotics. I don't remember much about it, if the truth be told,. After I was discharged, I went out to Brenna's and I've just returned home today, about 20 minutes ago. my whole leg is around 3x the size of the other one, but it's no longer terribly painful - it's actually numb down one side. I'm on heaps of medication, so surely that must be helping . I've got gentle exercises that I must do 3x daily and I see my physio twice a week and my surgeon next week again. I can walk very gingerly and I'm trying to use only one crutch instead of two., but I*'m not meant to be going outside yet.
Brenna and Jared have been fantastic as always and I was having a great time(albeit a painful one) at their place, but I really have to start doing a bit for myself now. Paddy also flew down to Christchurch when I was admitted back into hospital but I only have a vague recollection of him sitting beside me in the hospital. That morphine sure is great!!! It's just a shame that I had this setback, as I would have been walking reasonably well by now if everything had been fine. As it was, I wasn't allowed to move until the infection was under control.

Janna is working today until 7pm tonight, so Jared and Brenna are going to stay with me until she comes home. They won't take no for an answer. They've just gone down to the supermarket to get me some frozen meals, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to go on Catsey now and just let you know I'm OK and say a huge thank you for all your kind wishes.and emails, which I will answer when Jared and Brenna go home tonight. I knew you would be wondering where I was and how I was doing and I really really wish I had got Janna to email you both and let you know, but I was so far out of it, I never even thought about it. If I do have any other setbacks though, I've given your email addresses to both Brenna and Janna and they will let you know.

I haven't really caught up with all your news yet, but I'll read through your posts and emails tonight before I answer you both, my dear friends. In the meantime, I hope you are both doing well. Pamela, how on earth does someone get bruised gums ? I hope your gums have settled down a bit now. That must have been so painful. Shelley, it seems you're having a great time in Scotland and the pups look as if they're enjoying it too. I hope the storm didn't affect you too much. Poor Chris, missing out on a nice restaurant meal. I hope he's feeling better now.

Brenna and Jared have just returned and are heating up some raspberry hot cross buns for lunch. I'm enjoying being waited on , but alas, I'm going to have to be a bit more independent now. They're off to Fiji in a weeks time, although they have told me they won't go if I'm not well. However I really think I'm on the mend now and I'm doing everything I'm told to do.

Pamela and Shelley, enjoy your day/night. I'm go and do my exercises now and await my lunch. Oh, it's so nice to have servants. We'll chat tonight. I must remember to tell you all about Harry, the hospital cat and my physio from hell, Connor.

Oh, just have to let you know that Willow was with me lying on my bed in hospital. I could feel her beside me and could hear her snoring like she always did. I know I was on lots of meds, but I really believe she was with me. I know you both will understand.

Have a great Sunday ,my friends.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-04-2024, 08:21 AM   #2

Re: Sunday lunch time and I'm back.!!!

Dinky,
Great to hear from you.
Yes Pamela and I were concerned but knew you would be back when you could.
Im sure Willow was with you, giving you the comfort you needed.
I'm glad your family rallied around to help you.
Go slow and steady now until your recovery is complete.
We had a nice meal last night but i had to phone my cousin to rescue us from the caravan.
The strong wind blew the outdoor settee so it jammed between the door and fence.
We darent open a window to climb out in case the wind ripped it off.
Pamela, how are you doing, is it windy further up?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
07-04-2024, 08:27 AM   #3

Re: Sunday lunch time and I'm back.!!!

Good morning ladies,

Dinky it is soo good to see you back on our forum!! We have missed you and were getting worried that you hadnt been on. My goodness it sounds like you have had an awful time with your recovery. I am soo glad you have come through it. I am soo glad you have such a caring family around you to help and be there for you. Was really good of Paddy to come down and see you in hospital and hopefully he comes to see you again now that you are home.

I agree that it certainly sounds like Willow was with you keeping you safe and letting you know that she was looking after you.

Enjoy your raspberry buns!! It has put me in the mood for some sort of sweet treat today now!!

Not much happening here. The bruised gums were only really the start of tooth/mouth issues, i havent really had much of a break from sore teeth/gums and i know that if i go to the dentist they will tell me they cant see anything so i have just been taking painkillers and dealing with it myself.

We are going to get the house cleaned today as we have been quite lazy this weekend with it as we had a really chilled day yesterday after Steven came home from the office. He had to go in as work was getting done and the electricity company didnt show up or even contact hom to say they werent coming so he wasted half a day in the office for nothing but the rest of the day was really nice. We plan to get a pizza from a chippy near Stevens mums house tonight for dinner. We need to go down and check on the house as they are away on a cruise lucky them!!! Also need to do food shopping as we dont have anything in for next week!

Shelley, i hope the weather has settled down at the caravan, it is really windy up here. it picked up about lunchtime yesterday and we were sure our fence was going to come down. It has survived yet another storm!!

Have a great weekend ladies, Dinky i am soo glad to see you back on the forum!! Continue to recover well and keep in touch when you can

I meant to add and om sure you will love this Dinky!!! I have a family of Robins nesting in my BBQ!! we noticed them starting to build their nest and i had a peak in the back of the BBQ and there is a nest at the far end of it and the wee robins are constantly flying in and out of it. They must have laid their eggs now and taking turns of feeding. The BBQ is right in front of my living room window so we get to watch them. Ive put a peanut feeder up for them on a tree beside the BBQ so they have food and ensured that my wee bird bath is clean for them to have fresh water. I also have a pair of finches nesting in the bush that somes through my fence at the other side of the BBQ so quite an array of nesting birds which we have never had!! Its lovely to sit and watch them