Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Tortie
28-01-2016, 01:08 PM   #1

RSPCA home check, what to expect?

Hi everyone,

I am new here and looking for advice. I have fallen in love with a cat at the RSPCA, met her a few times, put the deposit down and now awaiting a home check this weekend. I have had cats before so confident in my ability as a cat mummy but just wondering what they ask, where they check in the house, any no no's where they would refuse me?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
29-01-2016, 12:16 AM   #2

Re: RSPCA home check, what to expect?

I've never had a home check for the RSPCA, or for a cat, only dogs, but my guess is that they will check the cat can have it's own space and whether there is a main road nearby. A lot of rescues won't re-home a cat if there is a main road very near. Hope all goes well x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
29-01-2016, 07:02 AM   #3

Hi Meggymoo and welcome to Catsey. I don't know what the RSPCA will be looking for, but I wish you all the best for the visit. I really hope you are able to give that lovely kitty a forever home.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
29-01-2016, 07:47 PM   #4

welcome not sure what they will be looking for. We got our springer from sspca and took him home same day we saw him with no home check x