Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
18-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #1

The runs

Dylan had the runs last night He went to use his tray early hours of the morning, from the sounds of it I thought he was doing a wee but came to clean out his tray this morning and there was no wee but there was an extremely runny number two in the tray

He seems perfectly fine this morning, at the moment he's playing "hunt the pen" on the computer table. He went out for a few minutes this morning (he wanted to see off another cat on his territory, presumably male). He wants to help me type now so better get this posted.

Would it be OK just to monitor him this morning and see if he has the runs again?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
18-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #2

Re: The runs

When it happens with ours i just give chopped finely chicken for a day or so & see how it goes. Think some give rice but ours dont do rice - at all. Chicken seems to do the trick - for ours. If still as bad later you could ask Vet for advice

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #3

I'd keep it blandish for 24 hours and see how he does. Hope his next trip to the litter tray is less runny!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #4

Sometimes it just happens. Leia had a very loose runny movement a week or so back, seemed fine, ate her normal food and was back to a shaped stool by the second day. Keep an eye on him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
18-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #5

He seems back to normal now, eating normal food and everything. I'm keeping him off any dairy until tomorrow (some of his treats have dairy products in them like cheese)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-02-2011, 09:14 PM   #6

And guess who had a very runny movement just before lunch here? Leia seems her normal self (she isn't an active cat).and is eating her normal food.... and did have her 3 tiny pieces of Port Salut cheese after lunch ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
18-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #7

Agreed with above; I think that the odd movement once in awhile is okay, as long as it doesn't become a reoccuring thing but keep an eye out just to be safe.