Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Birman, Moggie.
30-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #1

East Midlands shows?

Does anyone know of any shows held in the East Midlands, Derby, Notts primarily? I know of the Notts and Derby Cat Club show held at the beginning of the year in Nottingham but I've been away from the show scene for almost ten years and from what I have gathered looking on the various governing body websites there are very few, if any shows in my area these days.

I would be looking for shows with a household pet and/or pedigree pet section.
The last shows I went to were the IFA, Sherwood Cat Association shows but those have long gone I guess.

Unfortunately I don't drive so can only really attend shows that I can reach on the bus or train so am limited to the East Midlands for practical reasons.

Thanks in advance,

Mandy x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
30-03-2010, 11:07 PM   #2

Re: East Midlands shows?

It is very awkward showing when youu haven't got transport. I know a few people who show but don't drive and they tend to go down the day before by train and stay overnight. It can be difficult going by train and making it to the show for vetting in. I am an Assistant Show Manager and I go to our show the night before. It might be worth considering this then you could go a bit further afield.

The following shows are the nearest I could find to you:-

Northern Birman Cat Club 17th April Chapeltown, Sheffield (entries are already closed for this years show)
Humberside Cat Club 10/07/2010 The Dome , Doncaster
Lincolnshire Cat Club 10/07/2010 The Dome, Doncaster (you can enter both these shows on the same day and go for two lots of certificates)
Yorkshire Cat Club 23/10/2010 The Dome, Doncaster
Black, Red Self & Torite/ Tortie &White & Bi-colour 04/12/2010 Shiregreen, Sheffield
North of Britain Long Haired & Semi-Long Haired Cat Cluib 04/12/2010 Shiregreen, Sheffield (once again you can enter both these shows on the same day and go for two lots of certificates)
Notts & Derby 22/01/2011 Bilborough, Nottinghamshire
Shropshire Cat Club 05/02/2011 Fenton, Stoke-on-Trent

Hope this helps.