Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-11-2007, 08:47 PM   #71

Re: Bliss' & Mildred's babies....

Is she home yet?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
23-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #72

Thanks all, yes she is home. She's eating and drinking but something is niggling me about her Her and Bliss were so pleased to be reunited. She seemed really confused to see her babies, like she's almost accepted she no longer has any and her milk has almost dried up. The vet says if her milk comes back in she is only allowed to nurse 2 babies maximum, so I need to keep an eye on that. She's on two different types of antibiotics and has a return vet visit Monday morning, obviously she will go back before then if she deteriorates. She is presently curled up on one side of the kitten pen with two of her babies whilst Bliss is nursing the others at the other side. She seems exhausted but after her ordeal I suppose it's to be expected, my vet says we have been very lucky as even they were worried she wouldn't pull through I'll update on her progress in the morning. Thank you all for yo xur very good wishes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
23-11-2007, 10:32 PM   #73

Pleased to hear she is home PK, she will probably recover much better with her mum, and in her own surroundings...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
23-11-2007, 10:37 PM   #74

Fran fingers crossed she wont look back now she's home.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-11-2007, 10:37 PM   #75

So pleased she is home with you again Fran....... with what she has been through, it's no wonder she's confused about the kittens.

She will begin to feel better now she is home and in her own surroundings....... give her gentle strokes and cuddles from me...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-11-2007, 10:40 PM   #76

So pleased she's home. I do hope she continues to improve; that apparently was a close call! Thanks for the update.......healing vibes still coming.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
23-11-2007, 10:59 PM   #77

So pleased you have her home. I expect she wont be 100% for a while after what she has gone through. Give her some time, Im sure she will come through.
dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-11-2007, 12:07 AM   #78

What's niggling Fran? It could be that's she's just weak and confused as to repeated change in surroundings. If there's still any doubt tomorrow morning, maybe speak to the vet and see if they can identify any warning signs.

Hopefully it's just you being a good kitty-ma and being over-cautious.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
24-11-2007, 12:33 AM   #79

Glad Mil is back home where she belongs. I think the niggling feeling is only to be expected with what you have been through with her over the past few days. Give her a bit of time in her own surroundings and I am sure she will be fine. She must be really confused with what has gone on. I know how I feel when I have had a fit. It takes me a couple of days to come round properly and eyes and hearing don't react the same at first. The most frightening is the total loss of memory it is so scarey so imagine what she is feeling as she had everything else to cope with not just a fit.

You know where I am, the phone is next to the bed so don't worry about ringing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
24-11-2007, 09:01 AM   #80

So glad she is back home Hopefully she is just feeling a bit out of sorts with change in environment after being so poorly and poor thing might not be quite 100% too. It must be confusing for her too to be back amongst her kittens again too.

Hope she continues to get well and settles back in, I'm sure Bliss will help