Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
10-07-2014, 09:32 AM   #1

Thornton's Thursday

Good morning all

Still dry and breezy here, hope it stays that way as I have a project on today. I have bought Ceri a chicken ark, with plans to get a trio of hens for fresh eggs. It will also help Ceri's motivation as since he can't keep budgies anymore, it will be a little hobby for him. My son-in-law and grandson, who is off school coz of the strike, will help me erect it this afternoon, Ceri can be project manager; or tea-maker.

I'll post pictures of said coop when I get it set up, it will also save me having to cut the grass, Method in my madness!

Hope you all have a good day x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-07-2014, 10:48 AM   #2

Re: Thornton's Thursday

Morning PP - what a brilliant project. I look forward to photos. Where are you getting your chooks from??? I do hope you and Ceri enjoy looking after them and collecting the eggs. Will you be letting them free-range in your garden?

My breathing is poor today, so I'm taking things slowly and may do some more word art. The lovely lady that I contacted about her blog and lotus books has replied to my latest email - she is so encouraging!

I hope that my breathing will be better by Saturday as I have another bookbinding course booked - I'll be making a coptic bound book this time. All sewing and no glue!

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
10-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #3

Good thinking with the hens PP, we use our eggs as currency! We get all sorts from the local pet shop in exchange for a dozen eggs. Good way to keep the grass down too.

Hope your breathing gets better Angie, not nice in this weather. I think your lotus book is fabulous, the calligraphy is beautiful. You must have tremendous patience.

Weather gorgeous here, dogs out again next then some housework, poo! Stood on Fagin's tail this morning so he's lying next to me now feeling really sorry for himself. He's had gravy bones as an apology. All cats had treats except Swirl, he hasn't appeared yet.

OH's sun tan is better than mine so I hope to remedy that. Meeting tomorrow then it's the weekend, hurrah.

Have a great day peeps.

Catsey Senior

10-07-2014, 12:42 PM   #4

Just remembered, a friend brought us some Parma ham back from Italy yesterday. I had just said to OH we need to get a melon to go with it when another friend arrived with one!! Looks like a Parma ham and melon related lunch today!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecto's mum
Just remembered, a friend brought us some Parma ham back from Italy yesterday. I had just said to OH we need to get a melon to go with it when another friend arrived with one!! Looks like a Parma ham and melon related lunch today!!
Wow what nice friends and thinking in sync too, of all the things to bring you a melon when you have just got ham WOW.

Catsey Veteran

10-07-2014, 05:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Good morning all

Still dry and breezy here, hope it stays that way as I have a project on today. I have bought Ceri a chicken ark, with plans to get a trio of hens for fresh eggs. It will also help Ceri's motivation as since he can't keep budgies anymore, it will be a little hobby for him. My son-in-law and grandson, who is off school coz of the strike, will help me erect it this afternoon, Ceri can be project manager; or tea-maker.

I'll post pictures of said coop when I get it set up, it will also save me having to cut the grass, Method in my madness!

Hope you all have a good day x
Seen the pictures of the completed hen house and it looks good. It is beautiful weather here and still is I am eating strawberries and chocolate carte dor ice cream yummy.

Bella is in the house she seems a bit off colour nothing I can put my finger on maybe the weather have to watch her. But everyone good here.

Catsey Veteran

10-07-2014, 05:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Morning PP - what a brilliant project. I look forward to photos. Where are you getting your chooks from??? I do hope you and Ceri enjoy looking after them and collecting the eggs. Will you be letting them free-range in your garden?

My breathing is poor today, so I'm taking things slowly and may do some more word art. The lovely lady that I contacted about her blog and lotus books has replied to my latest email - she is so encouraging!

I hope that my breathing will be better by Saturday as I have another bookbinding course booked - I'll be making a coptic bound book this time. All sewing and no glue!

Have a good day folks.
Sorry your breathing is not brilliant - I thought it was improving. It is nice to get encouragement, sure you will be good for your course.

Catsey Veteran

10-07-2014, 05:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecto's mum
Good thinking with the hens PP, we use our eggs as currency! We get all sorts from the local pet shop in exchange for a dozen eggs. Good way to keep the grass down too.

Hope your breathing gets better Angie, not nice in this weather. I think your lotus book is fabulous, the calligraphy is beautiful. You must have tremendous patience.

Weather gorgeous here, dogs out again next then some housework, poo! Stood on Fagin's tail this morning so he's lying next to me now feeling really sorry for himself. He's had gravy bones as an apology. All cats had treats except Swirl, he hasn't appeared yet.

OH's sun tan is better than mine so I hope to remedy that. Meeting tomorrow then it's the weekend, hurrah.

Have a great day peeps.

I hope you are now more tanned than OH Hope Swirl arrived to get his share of the treats.

That's a good idea for currency swopping eggs..........

Catsey Senior

10-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #9

Had Parma ham and melon salad for tea, surrounded by adoring cats!! Wonder what they were after. Yes, they did get some.