Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
08-07-2014, 07:22 AM   #1

Twirl Tuesday

Morning everyone. Bit overcast here today. Im on the 11am until 7pm shift today so going to be a long day!! Was expecting to have sore muscles today but surprisingly im not yoo bad. OH went jogging last night and I took my bike. Far prefer it to running so that is now the exercise routine at night. When we get to a certain point, I take a different track home and he heads to the car park and drives home.

Chin tickles to all catsey pets

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #2

Re: Twirl Tuesday

Morning Pamela - it's good you're not sore this morning, sounds as if you must be getting fit! Hope your shift goes well.

Not sure what's going on today. OH was due to go and play golf but his other knee is bothering him this morning, I'll have to wait for his decision when he gets back from walking the dogs.

I discovered quite by chance a new to me art form yesterday - has anyone heard of Zentangling? It's a sort of meditative pattern making and is meant to be good for folk who consider themselves not to be artistic as it is non-representational. Also may be helpful to those who have disabilities. I started to try it out and adapted it to word forms and really enjoyed playing with it. You can certainly get lost for a while and I would think it could be a wee bit addictive!

Have a good day, whatever you may be doing, folks. Tummy rubs to any Catsey pet who will allow!!!

PS I Twirls (don't allow myself though!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
08-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #3

G'morning Pamela and Angie, and wake up you other lazy lot!

I've started a new Way of Eating, as they call it (not a diet) it's the 5:2 intermittent fasting regime. Eat normal healthy food for 5 days in the week and for any two days restrict your self to 500 calories. You're supposed to go about your normal business so if you work/train etc do your usual and carry on. Apparently this is a healthy thing to do, and you will lose pounds, and you carry on like this forever. !

We'll see, I'm doing ok so far, a normal cuppa this morning and some fruit tea at 11, I feel fine. I have been shopping and bought lots of veg and lean meat so lets see what happens. Have my Barnardo's shift later and hope I can last out until this evening without thinking of food.

Going to google that Zentangling, see if it will help Ceri.

Off to put the recycling outside ready for collection tomorrow. Blue skies and fluffy clouds today, a bit fresher and a nice breeze. Pearla says thank you for her tummy rub, Angie and for the chin tickles too Pamela

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-07-2014, 03:33 PM   #4

Hello all, just back form root canal appointment 2- much less traumatic than the first one! Hopefully that is it until my next check up. We have to take Smudge for another check up in a bit but I'm hopeful that her insulin dose is pretty close as she has put a bit of weight on and is drinking less. I'll be locking her in early today or she will get wind of something and disappear!
I'll have a look at zentangling- I'm not at all artistic but am looking for something creative to do. I started looking at simple knitting patterns but have no idea what they are on about!
The cycling/running sounds good Pamela- I hope your shift isn't too tiring. Hope Mr Angies' knee is OK. Some of my friends do the 5:2 diet PP but they forgot that the 5 days are still supposed to be healthy and eat what they want so it hasn't really worked!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
08-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #5

Afternoon all. Just eaten a Twirl so that's me off the supposed diet, again! ?I am trying to eat better and eat less sugar. We went to sweetener ages ago when OH was diagnosed diabetic.

Never heard of Zentangling, sounds good though. Glad your root canal went OK CS and hope Smudge is OK at the vets. Have you tried cross stitch, I started with very easy small patterns and worked up. I've always fancied origami as well but can't really take on another hobby.

I'm afraid my 'workout' consists of walking the dogs and housework. Fecto keeps me busy by asking for food, treats, tummy rubs and chin tickles (Fecto says thankyou). Swirl has just had one of his 10 minute fusses, going to do a bit more of my x stitch now. Hope everyone has a great rest of the day.