Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
21-10-2007, 12:49 AM   #1

my heart stopped this afternoon..LOL.

so i didn't get much sleep last night..my bf works night shift so he was sleeping like a log and i finally got back to sleep this afternoon for a nap...i wake up at 4pm with a strange feeling...my bf is starting to wake as well..
i get up, open the door to kuan yin (the kitten)'s room to let her out and i go directly to the kitchen to get her lunch out of the fridge...now usually kuan yin jumps on the reptiles tanks to gain access to the counter and then she jumps down and runs to follow me to her room for her meal.
well, i open the fridge and sense someone is in fact on the counter staring at me but it doesn't feel very "kitten-like". i slowly turn around and....

THERE IS SPIKE, THE IGUANA, SITTING ON THE COUNTER LOOKING UP AT ME IN A CASUAL WAY!!!!!!!

i have a fleeting moment of terror as i realize kuan yin is about to jump to exactly where he is sitting and there might be a run in between the two..(he is about her size and bites if feels threatened). i quickly throw kuan yin's meal on the floor, stopping her from jumping on the counter, and run to the bathroom where my bf is now and yelll for him. kuan yin is at my feet being my shadow and i quickly lock her in her room.
my bf gets the gloves and picks up spike, who is very grumpy to be taken off his new sitting place and does in fact try to bite a few times (to be expected, just didn't want that to be a kitten). we put him back and realize he has ripped of the astroturf on the back of his tank to make a ramp leading to a small hole where an electrical cord sticks out of and to his getaway.
it's AMAZING that as we were sleeping he had no run ins with the dog as one of our dogs likes to chase anything that will run from her.
so yeah, time for a new tank..in the meantime, we have some books stacked on the hole
that woke me up better than a cup of coffee!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-10-2007, 02:12 AM   #2

Re: my heart stopped this afternoon..LOL.

Oh wow, glad nothing serious happened, but must have scared the wits out of you! Clever iguana, what an escape artist!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
21-10-2007, 06:04 AM   #3

Wow close call Tink! I never knew Iguana's were so intelligent lol. Poor kitty must have wondered what on earth was going on

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
21-10-2007, 09:22 AM   #4

So glad you saw spike in time. Sounds like a wake up call from h**l

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-10-2007, 10:15 AM   #5

That was scary Tink, I'm so glad Spike was still ok .....he took a big risk there!!