Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
28-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #11

Re: Tolly's 2AM exploits

and now I can't get either Smudge or Tolly to use the new door! Although I saw Smudge open the old door by pulling it I hadn't realised that was the ONLY way she was prepared to use it- her technique won't work on the new door. Tolly just taps it and looks helpless

Sigh.... anyone want a magnetic catflap?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #12

What are they like???? I seem to remember a cat (can't remember which one!) hooking a claw under the flap and pulling it inwards to get out .... funny little bunnies.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
01-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #13

Sorry to hear this, poor boy.
It's extremely rare for a fox to attack a healthy cat. I remember reading somewhere that a study was done on a large number of fox faeces until at last one was found with traces of cat bones in it. On closer examination the study concluded, however, that the cat would have been already dead before the fox took it. I don't know how they came to this conclusion but this is what was concluded.
I've also watched foxes and cats together for the past 15 years, and certainly the ones round here which come from the fields, even the big dog foxes, either ignore the cats, or give them a wide berth and much respect. I've no qualms with letting my cats out with foxes or badgers. I would only be worried if I thought my cat was lying very ill somewhere, foxes are opportunists.
Perhaps your boy categorises your fox as a dog..or the fox marked the catflap, I don't know, but he had a fright.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
01-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
What are they like???? I seem to remember a cat (can't remember which one!) hooking a claw under the flap and pulling it inwards to get out .... funny little bunnies.
That's one clever cat angie!
When I 1st got Chesi he was a nightmare. He would push-test the cat flap with one paw, then as soon as he'd pushed it open with his paw and had got half of his front leg through he would then retract his paw and then panic like mad as he'd got it caught! Several times I had to had to help him out, fortunately he learnt from his mistakes and now uses it fine.