Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
05-07-2011, 11:54 AM   #1

Tuesday is pistachio flovoured!

Home again, home again, jiggetty-jig!

Everything seems to have gone well but I feel as though I've been kicked. I had to stay in overnight as it was mid-afternoon before I got to theatre but my blood pressure was very low so I had to stay in any case. They let me out this morning though

Yesterday was a funny way to spend a wedding anniversary!

Hope you're all doing things you like today, I'm going to get some sleep!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #2

Re: Tuesday is pistachio flovoured!

I love pistachio flavour! One of my favourites. Glad to see you online MrsH and glad you're home. I expect you will be sensible and take everything easy for a while.

It's turned rather hot and sticky here, clouding over and rain is forecast for later on. We took Monty for a short walk and he really suffered from the heat, so he's in his crate having a nap now - I'll try him on another piece of frozen banana later if he's still too hot. Poor love.

My raspberries are no good this year so we have been researching any PYO places and the nearest seems to be near Petersfield. May have to resort to frozen raspberries in our vodka this year - not tried that yet, but at least we will have some, I can't bear the thought of a raspberry vodka free winter.

Have a good day peeps!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #3

Hi MrsH, Angie, those to follow! Beautiful day, lots of sun, 28 C (82 F), rain not in the forecast. The fireworks were disappointing last night, too far away for a really good display; at least I saw them which was more than I could do at my former house, as the trees hid them. Leia is coming today; a slight problem in getting the litterbox here with one person and the cat with another, so posstponed the homecoming till today ... can't wait to see her, hope she adjusts to the much reduced space!

MrsH, I'm astounded they let you come home so soon after major surgery!! Do take it easy and get lots of rest; oh, and belated happy anniversary. Angie, I know dogs are pretty much omnivores, but ...... banana??? Good luck raspberry hunting.

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
05-07-2011, 04:10 PM   #4

Hi all... Bit overcast and even wet here today.

Not all that long back from work. I was supposed to finish at 2, but I ended up having something to do that Needed finished before I left. And when I got home it was to find out that I'd not only skipped lunch (will edit it to look right on my time sheet when I get the chance!), but that I'd also ended up forgetting to think about getting myself a drink since I left the house in the morning... Oooops!!!

Hope everyone elses day goes well!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #5

Eileen - banana in small quantities is good for dogs, as are many other fruits and vegetables. Monty loves his carrot too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
05-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #6

Eileen, I don't think it's classed as major surgery. It was keyhole, just 4 little punctures no stitches to remove, no big scar.

Oops! just realised I typed flovoured instead of flavoured tsk tsk I must have been tired!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #7

Mine was too, MrsH, only three teeny weeny incisions. Maybe it was my age...???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
05-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #8

Evening all, sorry I'm late. Soaking wet here today, soggy pistachio I'm afraid

Glad the op is over for you MrsH, take it easy though, although there's no wound as such you have had an organ removed

Angie, glad to see Monty is getting one of his 5-a-day

Eileen, hope Leia settles in soon, I bet you've missed her.

Squirrel, don't go skipping meals it messes up your metabolism!

See you later, going to Skype my sis now x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
05-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #9

evening all, just back from work so nothing much to report. Another warm day here even tho the sun is hiding, some small drizzles.

Eileen, I got kicked out of hosp about 5 hours after my op!! Glad to hear your getting your kittie home!
Glad everything went wel mrs h, do take it easy I didn't realise how bad it was until I went for a shower and had to get the oh to help me get out and dressed!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
05-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #10

Glad you are OK Mrs H. Take it easy- just having a GA knocks you out of kilter!
I hope Leia is settling in? Angie have you ever tried chilli vodka? Now that has a kick!

I'm out and about a lot again this week - preferable to spreadsheets!