Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
04-04-2017, 08:48 PM   #1

Wild Wednesday

Good morning everyone, it's a terrible wet ,windy day here and it's meant to get worse. I'm off to work shortly but have to brave the rain in order to get to the bus stop.I've got to get my car fixed !!!!!
Pamela, congratulations to your parents and your sister in law and her husband. Sounds like you had a very full on,but exciting weekend. Sunshine would have been just the icing on the cake.So glad that the cats enjoyed your visitors and that the dogs didn't fret while in boarding.

My thumb continues to heal. It's been over 3 weeks now but at least it is improving. Willow is OK.It was 3 weeks yesterday since her surgery and as she is 8 years old now, this was very difficult for her (and my poor vet).She can now get up on the couch to sleep which is a major feat in itself and she is also now eating well, although I spoil her with a cooked chicken from the supermarket.Thank goodness for pet insurance !!!!!

I do hope everyone here has a great day doing things they love.Special love to your Skye, Pamela and gentle cuddles to all Catsey kitties.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-04-2017, 07:27 AM   #2

Re: Wild Wednesday

Hi Dinky, i do hope you stay safe in the wild weather and it doesnt cost too much to get your car fixed.

Glad your thumb is healing. Good to hear Willow is getting better too. My Barney is nearly 10 and i dont know if i could put him through an operation now.

Glad she is eating and getting spoiled.

Take care

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
05-04-2017, 08:50 AM   #3

Hi Pamela, thanks for the kind thoughts.Yes, I certainly wouldn't have put Willow through an operation at her age but I didn't have a choice. Without emergency surgery ,she would have died. She had pyometra and her whole body was toxic. That was why she had a seizure and bit me.I'm so lucky that she is still with me and every day is a blessing. I do hope your Barney is keeping well. It's such a worry when our pets get older and things start to go wrong.My poor Willow has had a terrible year - first a shocking reaction to Rimadyl that she was given for arthritis and now this.

You give Barney a wee cuddle from me, Pamela.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-04-2017, 08:44 PM   #4

aww poor girl x glad she is getting better x I would do the same tbh if it was life threatening. With Barney it is his cruciate ligament which has been threatening to go for a couple of years. We have managed a couple of times to strngthe it by giving him lead walks and they are no longer out with their dog walker so no need to jump in and out of a van now thankfully

Keeping willow in my thoughts for a full recovery xx