Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
02-05-2016, 08:30 AM   #1

Update

Morning everyone. We got Harris home on Friday. Still pretty poorly and hot tablets to take which he won't willingly take so we are having a daily battle to get them in him! His skin is goug back to normal colour gradually. He is no where near as yellow as he was on Friday which is a good sign. Still struggling to get him to eat but feeding lots of chicken as he won't touch proper fish! (Strange wee cookie!!) Back at vet tomorrow for a check up and possibly more bloods depending on what they think when they see him.

He is still fairly quiet just now and sleeping a lot. We are having to put him in our spare room at night so that skye doesn't steal his food not that he is eating much but we have to give him the chance to come and go at it if he wants.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
02-05-2016, 11:38 AM   #2

Re: Update

Pamela, I've been praying for poor Harris and wondering how he was getting on. I hope the vet visit goes well for him tomorrow.You are looking after him so well.Hopefully he will start to eat a bit more soon, especially if the food is there for him all the time. Sending many healing thoughts and prayers to Harris and you.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-05-2016, 02:48 PM   #3

Fingers crossed Harris will improve very soon, Pamela...

Just a thought, when Cassie was hospitalised they were tempting her to eat with sardines .... have you tried that?

Catsey Veteran

02-05-2016, 02:57 PM   #4

we have tried tuna and salmon and he isnt touching it however there has been a huge improvement in his apetite today!! Steven gave him applaws 100% natural chicken and cheese and he ate about 2 3rds of it. he was asking me for sliced chicken when i was making a sandwich, he has just gone back for the rest of his breakfast and added quite a bit of the chicken from my savoured it all!! Best i have seen him eat since he came home!

Fingers crossed it is the start of improving. He is definitely a bit chirpier today too

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-05-2016, 11:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
we have tried tuna and salmon and he isnt touching it however there has been a huge improvement in his apetite today!! Steven gave him applaws 100% natural chicken and cheese and he ate about 2 3rds of it. he was asking me for sliced chicken when i was making a sandwich, he has just gone back for the rest of his breakfast and added quite a bit of the chicken from my savoured it all!! Best i have seen him eat since he came home!

Fingers crossed it is the start of improving. He is definitely a bit chirpier today too
Good news Pamela...

Almost a Veteran Member

03-05-2016, 10:03 AM   #6

What fantastic news Pamela. At least Harris is heading in the right direction now. Give him whatever he will eat.. I'm continuing to pray for him and you.

keep up the good work Harris. !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
03-05-2016, 10:36 PM   #7

So pleased Harris seems happier and chirpier. Good news indeed.

Catsey Veteran

04-05-2016, 04:52 PM   #8

Thanks again everyone. We have a vet visit tonight for a check up. Hopefully they will see a difference. We certainly do. If they don't then it will be more bloods.

Just back froom vet, they are pleased with how well he is doing. We asked them to give him his tablets tonight as we always struggle with them as we have a huge capsule we have to give him. They are pleased that he has started grooming again and is getting more active but we still have a long way ahead of us. More bloods next Thursday as he is still yellow, not as much but the vet doesnt think there will be much difference in the tet results so will wait until next week. Gave him another steriod injection which should perk his appetite.

Almost a Veteran Member

04-05-2016, 09:05 PM   #9

Great news about Harris ,Pamela.It's no fun trying to give pills to cats, I know. The steroid injection will hopefully encourage him to eat and every day he will improve just a bit more. I'm keeping your precious boy in my prayers every night.

Catsey Veteran

12-05-2016, 06:08 PM   #10

Harris back at vet today, he is still a bit yellow but his blood count an dliver enzyme count are coming down which is good. More bloods in 2 weeks and back next week for another weigh in as he had lost a wee bit since last week. He also got another steriod injection today too.