Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
21-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #1

Sir Buttons.

I can believe I'm writing this, especially after losing Pudding and Fluffy last week.
I heard a cat being sick at 4 this morning, and then sick a few more times so got up to check on whoever it was, it was Sir Buttons but worse he was dragging his back legs. He had a severely enlarged heart we discovered a few weeks ago and was in HCM. I pretty much knew it was a saddle thrombosis but rushed him into the vet hopingninwas wrong, but I wasn't. We made the decision to have him PTS because he was in severe pain and it's a condition that they seldom recover from and if the do, they are very likely to have it again.
He was 18 and we had him for 2 years after his owner was diagnosed with a terminal condition and had to go into care. Nobody thought he was 18 because he was a strong looking, chunky lad.
I'm sorry we lost him but I'm glad we found him quickly and I hope he wasn't in pain for long.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #2

Re: Sir Buttons.

So glad that you acted quickly to spare poor Sir Buttons further pain. RIP SB. So sad that he was parted from his owner, that must have caused pain to both of them, hopefully they will be reunited on their forward path.

((((HUGS)))) farthing, you have had a hard time lately.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
21-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #3

poor guy, sleep tight. at least you found him in time to lessen his suffering x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
21-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #4

aww sorry to hear that. sleep tight SB xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #5

Very bad and sad news Farthing. I'm so sorry.