Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
27-01-2015, 01:37 PM   #1

Tuneful Tuesday

Tuneful because I had to take Smudge for her diabetes check up and she 'sang' to me all the way round there in the car. She then roundly told the vet off when they took her blood sample and sulked at me all the way back. I am in soooo much trouble. The problem is I can't 'treat' her with anything now as her diet is so strictly controlled! Oh well, much chin tickling later and she is purring again.

Hope all are well. I've just heard that I didn't get a job I'd pitched for last week. Oh well- keep on trying I suppose! At least they have offered feedback so I can find out where to improve for next time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
27-01-2015, 02:28 PM   #2

Re: Tuneful Tuesday

Ah, Smudge has just hunted down her own 'treat' and is noisily crunching it in the hallway- the vet says that's fine, I'm not so sure

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
27-01-2015, 06:50 PM   #3

evening CS i hope the tuneful Smudge has got over her ordeal now, as well as you.
Sorry you didn't get the job.
Been to Preston today to buy my dad a birthday balloon, had a look around the car boot but very poor today, no treasures.
Spent some time renovating a huge 60's Dam Troll, i had to make her an outfit which was rather taxing as i can hardly sew, anyway she is now perched on top of the radiator whilst her hair dries.
Also been watching part of the Auschwitz memorial service and plan to watch more tonight.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
27-01-2015, 07:33 PM   #4

Poor Smudge, at least she found her own treat, scrunchy too!

Shelley, what is a Dam Troll? I have been watching some of the Auschwitz memorial service as well. I have never understood anti Semitism and never will. To think it is still rife in this country beggars belief.

Got a load of food delivered today for Big Fooze. All different kinds as I can't get hold of Greenwoods at the moment. The distributors have very kindly emailed me to say it will be back in stock in a few weeks. All the cats love the new food, including Barnaby, who never eats wet food. Trouble is it is much more expensive than stuff in supermarkets so I'll try and limit it to just Big Fooze as he can't eat cheap stuff. Poor Barnes!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-01-2015, 08:49 PM   #5

evening evryone

Busy day at work!! Had "1 of those days!!"

Home now and had to go pick barney up from dog walker as she decided to keep him for a while to see how he got on with the dogs in the house as hes going to stay there for 2 nights this week when we are away. He was great!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-01-2015, 11:42 PM   #6

Evening all. I've been at the eye clinic today to check out whether or not I have glaucoma. There is no firm diagnosis and the consultant says I am still a "suspect". We both laughed a bit at that .... recheck in 6 months. I was a bit nervous about the whole thing this morning and felt a bit shaky. Animals are amazing aren't they? Monty followed me around and wanted strokes and gave me licks and then Kizzy wanted a full on body cuddle and gave me her best purrrrrs.

Sorry about the job CS, good that they will give you some feedback, that could be helpful. Sorry about Mistress Smudge, hope she enjoyed her treat, bet she did, even if the sound effects were off putting!

The weather forecast is not good for "up North" - so I send you all my best wishes and hope all stay safe, warm and dry. Down here on the south coast, Spring seems to be in the air and the birds are already starting their courtship. I saw a Woodpigeon with a twig in his beak yesterday. Take care all.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
27-01-2015, 11:58 PM   #7

Here's hoping for good news for you Angie. How nice for you that Monty and Kizzy were loving you better.

We are braced for snow here. A meeting for me tomorrow so I hope I make it back before it gets here. We have a 4WD so I should be OK, new tyres on the front as well.

All the ducks on the canal are pairing up and the Canada geese are taking up residence again as well as a pair of Goosanders. Stay warm and safe folks and all furries,

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
28-01-2015, 09:10 AM   #8

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is safe and warm. it's Wednesday evening here and VERY hot.
Glad Smudge is doing OK cats' staff, and enjoyed her crunchy treat. Sorry about the job, but when one door closes, another will open for you.
Shelley, that Dam Troll sounds amazing. Happy Birthday to your dad.
Fecto's mum, how could you treat my poor Barnaby like that? Put him on a plane to NZ and tell him I'll give him all the wet food his heart desires.Better still, I might come over to him with lots of the yummy stuff. I won't be able to sleep tonight thinking of him all sad and hungry !!!!!
Pamela,that's great news about Barney. Hope you managed to have a relaxing evening after your hard day at work.
Angieh,, hope all goes well with your eyes. What a worrying time for you.At least you're getting checked early so treatment will be available if you do ever need it.Glad Monty and Kizzy were there to comfort you.
Stay safe everyone and love to all furry friends.