Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
22-01-2015, 06:54 PM   #1

Thursday

Evening everyone.

Still got snow laying about here but starting to thaw a little bit now.

Work is still really cold. Apparently theres no legal minimum temperature for us to work in although another manager says anything below 16 degrees we shouldnt be working in. Temp has been 14degrees!!

Had heating guys out looking at it today. Also looking at the broken seal on the window so hopefully its fixed soon!!

Just relaxing tonight got a cat attached to me just now! (skye)

Good news about my sister in laws cat too!! She was found today after 16days of being missing!! She is rather thin and cold but safe at home now. She was found over the other side of the railway tracks after Kim got a lead that she was there, she went and had a look and managed to coax her out with food and got her home so its a night for a wee celebration that Olivia is safe and sound!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-01-2015, 07:32 PM   #2

Re: Thursday

evening Pamela, great news about Olivia, so pleased.
Had a scare last night, when Chris and myself came in Kwame didn't move at all from the settee (usualy he greets us enthusiastically at the door. He was very lethargic, his eyes looked strange and he seemed to be breathing a bit heavy.
I had no idea what was wrong and envisiaged a vet visit first thing in the morning.I then discovered some vomit behind the settee. He settled on the bed and was absolutely fine this morning.
Been to work this morning despite being full of a cold again.
Howard back from the van, everything ok there now.
A week on Saturday it's my Dad's 80th birthday, anybody got any ideas what i can get him. We are having a small family do and we are sorting the cake out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
22-01-2015, 07:40 PM   #3

aww i hope Kwame is ok!! Did you take him to the vet?

Glad howard is back from the van and all is ok

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
22-01-2015, 08:38 PM   #4

Very pleased your sister in law's cat is safe and sound Pamela and that your office will hopefully get warmer. Glad to hear Kwame is OK now Shelley.

May I suggest something warm for your Dad, I bought my Dad, (he's 82),a very thick, fleece lined cardigan for Christmas. He's quite mean with the heating in his house though although he hardly lives in penury.

Most of the snow has gone from here except on the high ground. It's going to be -2 here tonight so even though we leave the heating on low, all cats will be encourages to sleep on the bed!

Keep warm folks, especially all furries.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-01-2015, 09:09 PM   #5

Evening all ........ what good news about wee Olivia, so glad she's safe and soundly back home. Also glad to hear that your cold office may be warming up soon, let's hope!

Shelley, sorry to hear that Kwame's a bit under the weather. We were a bit worried about Dora's behaviour being a bit out of character last week and wondered if she was feeling a bit off, but she's back to normal now. I guess animals, just like people, can have "off" days. Sorry though to hear you have a cold .... do you take vitamin C or Echinacea when you feel a cold coming on?

I have been and had my vision field test this afternoon. I was very lucky, got parked at the hospital easily and managed to make my calligraphy group only 40 mins late! I am not looking forward to next Tuesday when I see the consultant .... but my calligraphy chums have all told me not to worry about it, so I am going to concentrate on my work for the exhibition, which should take my mind off things.

Frosty here tonight and I'm sure it's worse elsewhere so stay safe, warm and snug folks .... cat and dog cuddling definitely good for everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-01-2015, 07:52 PM   #6

yes Angie, keep concentrating on your exhibition stuff.
Thank you all for your concerns re Kwame, he is absolutely fine now . Pamela i didn't take him to the vets as he was fine thursday morning.
FM thank you for your suggestion re my dad. I think we are probably going to take him and my mum for a chinese and get a celebration cake for him.