Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Calico
01-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #1

Question

Hey everyone

Why do cats have to sit in the middle of things if you are working on something or reading they waltz over and sit in the middle of things.

Are they saying they want to be in the middle of everything? or Are they trying to be the center of attention?

Carol in Canada.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy's
01-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #2

Re: Question

My guess would be that they want your attention. Surely that newspaper can't possibly be more interesting or deserving of your attention! Some cats will move on to remote mind control as they get older, sitting a foot away and staring at you without blinking, but others will stick with what works!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #3

My 2 do it all the time if im reading a book, they paw it, If im on the laptop, they sit on top of it, they are just wanting your attention because something else is getting it and they aren't!!

Cats owned: Calico
01-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #4

Well that is what my husband says. She has no trouble communicating when she want something. When her food dishes are empty or almost empty, she meows fiercely until I add more food, then she smells it and goes away. She is my first cat and they are so different from dogs. I do understand all of the cat jokes now.

Carol in Canada

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #5

it took me a while to get used to cats as well as i had grown up with dogs but my OH had cats from when he was young and we decided on getting a cat as we are out working during the day. Ive finally realised what my 2 want when they do certain things!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #6

I was sitting up late last night reading in the kitchen. I looked up suddenly and both Pip and Kizzy were there looking at me and telling me it was time for bed!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
01-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #7

currently troyin to tipe round a fulfy taiil
Smudge IS the centre of the universe as are all cats- we just need to get used to that!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
01-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
currently troyin to tipe round a fulfy taiil
Smudge IS the centre of the universe as are all cats- we just need to get used to that!
You would never have guessed

Cats still remember that they were once worshipped as gods and this is their way of reminding us of that fact