Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Na
25-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #1

Cat Christmas plans

Hi all,
I've got a question about our Christmas plans this year. Usually we go to my mums and stay over Christmas Day to Boxing Day. However this year we are going on Christmas Eve and staying over till Christmas Day. The big question is about out cat Millie.
Usually we would leave Millie with a cat litter tray overnight and she is fine. She's a really good girl with a litter tray.
But I will really miss her not being there on Xmas morning, so could I take her with us for the night? I know she wouldn't be able to go out.
She lived at my mums for 7 years since she was a kitten so knows the house, family and the dog, Angel. Also Millie is a cat that is only for me-her mummy she does love John but will only entertain him when I'm not around!!
So as long as she is with me she is okay,I know this as when we have been on holidays etc when I lived with my mum. My mum rang me up and said hurry bk kymberley, Millie isn't eating or drinking and is up all night crying I can't take much more!!!
So would I be able to take her? We will be sleeping in my (our-Millie's and mine) old bedroom so it will be familiar for her?
I have friends who leave their cats with family members when they are on holiday and they say their cats are fine? Would one night hurt??
Any advice is greatly appreciated

J&K and Millie

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #2

Re: Cat Christmas plans

I think that as you and Millie have already been away together on holiday, Christmas will be no different to her and if she is with you, she'll have a lovely Christmas too! Go for it!

25-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #3

We haven't been away together as such but we have always been together since I was 11. I don't want to upset her but don't want her to be lonely either?!
Millie and angel are like the babies in the family so they get bought presents!! Mill had 7 last year!!! Mayb that doesn't sound loads but by the 4th one she was looking a bit bored and wanted the treats from the first present!!
Millie spends approx 5 hours in her own a day and the rest of the time is with me/John or us both. I was made redundant last year and when I found another job she messed everywhere as I wasn't with her all day, I don't want her to be lonely usually when we go on Xmas day we go at the evening and come bk late morning but this Xmas will be different cuz we are out all day on Xmas eve and then will be at mums on Xmas day past 4 as well prob have dinner at 2 so it seems a lot longer???

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy's
25-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #4

Millie sounds just like Speedy! She came with me when I moved out of my mums and she always came back with me when I stayed for a weekend and she loved it. The only difference was that I would let Speedy outside as I knew she wouldn't go out of the garden. She was a little odd like that, she wouldn't go out of the garden even if you left the gate wide open!
You know your cat better than anyone, and if you think she would be happier coming with you, then she probably will be.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
25-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #5

I have taken my 3 cats all the way to Scotland with me in the past And it sounds like you and Millie will both be happier being together

26-11-2012, 12:47 AM   #6

Hi, thanks for all your advice
I've decided we are going to take Millie now. If we don't try it we will never know! And there is a lot of surprise Christmas presents this year and I want to see the hubby face when he opens his and so does my mum etc so that's how the idea came about! So we will be taking her blanket and her fairy. I've got her a pink snowflake collar too for Xmas day
My mum has also promised Millie down the phone a turkey dinner with pigs in blankets!! Lucky Millie!!

Really excited now and if all is well (touch wood!) we will be staying over till Boxing Day

It's going to be the best Xmas with her there, my mums house is much bigger than ours so it makes sense to go there and she does the best dinner too but with Millie there it will make me so happy and I won't keep thinking about her on her own in the house

Thanks again everyone so excited!

Merry Christmas xxx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
26-11-2012, 01:31 AM   #7

I'm sure Millie will be a lot happier going wth you and I hope you all have a lovely Christmas!

Don't forget to take Millie's litter tray and litter too!

26-11-2012, 07:20 AM   #8

Oh yeah!!! Forgot all about the litter tray, oops! Thanks mags

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy's
26-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #9

She sounds like one truly spoiled kitty, as she should be! I hope you all have a lovely christmas x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #10

I can feel your excitement! Hope you all have a wonderful time, Millie included!