Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
07-03-2007, 04:04 PM   #1

Changing image...

Would you go for a complete change, hair, clothes etc, or just subtle changes???

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
07-03-2007, 04:10 PM   #2

Re: Changing image...

I think it would be great to have a complete change. But saying that, I don't like my hair short. So maybe a chage in image would be a good idea, but keep my hair longer!

A major factor in preventing me from having a different image is money! But isn't that the same for most people?!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
07-03-2007, 04:12 PM   #3

I don't think I would want a major change of image

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-03-2007, 04:15 PM   #4

I don't think I could feel comfortable with a complete change of image ..... I am who I am Maybe a new hairstyle etc but not too drastic a change.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #5

Well after 25 years wearing little but black (and occasionally grey and white), following my colour analysis I am now gradually introducing colour into my wardrobe! That is a major change for me - believe me!

I love having my hair long but if I lost enough weight to be able to wear it with confidence I would seriously consider a very short, dramatic white/blonde hair cut. I'm not afraid of hair colour, only clothes colour LOL!!

If I could have a proper image consultant present me with a range of options I might be more willing to undertake a more radical restyle rather than just guessing at it myself.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
07-03-2007, 06:47 PM   #6

Oh I would love to go for a complete change of image. I'm fed up with dowdy old me, lol!! I'd love to have the confidence to wear some up to date clothes and have a funky hairdo. Oh well, I can dream, lol!!

Catsey Veteran

07-03-2007, 08:42 PM   #7

Alex - you CAN!!! Although I was never (by my own admission and nobody elses) dowdy - which I'm sure you are not, I did have my own individual style that can only be described as 'quirky' LOL!!

It took quite a lot of soul-searching and false starts to get me into a high street fashion store and to even begin to see myself in any of the clothes therein.

I think if you are to do it yourself, you need to do it in small steps; ones that you can manage and that you are comfortable with. I think everyone should have a chance to be as happy with their appearance as they can be - start with accessories and tops and work your way up from there Only then tackle your hair - once you've mastered the clothes you'll be ready for the hair!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
07-03-2007, 08:45 PM   #8

ive seen your piccy yola, u look lovely, dont need to change. (god how gay does that sound LOL)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
07-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #9

My prob is, I get most of my clothes from the local charity shop, and while there are some great items in there, they never seem to be in my size, lol!! And I am absolutely pathetic at trying to accesorize and put items together, so therefore I live in my jeans, jumpers and trainers (boots in the winter, lol)

Catsey Veteran

07-03-2007, 11:25 PM   #10

Alex love . . . we need to go SHOPPING!!!!!!

What's Telford like for clothes shops??? Not that far to the Trafford Centre, eh??

BM - that's very sweet of you to say so, thank you . . . but I have to admit, I did have a bit of a (male) gay fraternity when at art school . . .