Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #1

Monday daily

Morning everyone.

Bella had such a restful night - and I now know how she reacts so we should be not so stressed from now on. I think the key is she has somewhere to go to when stressed, so her levels don't rise as fast. Plus she has only been here 4 months so by next year hopeful should feel a lot more secure.

Angie hope Monty had a good night.

I will catch up properly later got lots to do work tomorrow night and want to spend the day taking it easy.
Today I have to order the flowers for my Aunts funeral on the 20th I made a mistake on her age according to my Mom she would have been 97 in January. Got to get four condolence cards too one for each of her daughters and her son.

Have to pick up a couple of birthday cards too.

Try to get my hair cut and wash the car.

See you all later gators.

It is wet and windy here

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #2

Re: Monday daily

All tucked up in the warm here today, it looks miserable outside so I took on the ironing pile and have hit the bottom of it today

Stopped for the 2 min silence at 11:00 as I was listening to Ken Bruce on the radio. I thought yesterday of getting Ceri's dad's medals cleaned up and mounted so will look online later for somewhere around here that can do this for me. He was in Monty's Africa campaign and also went from Sicily up the 'leg' of Italy to Monte Cassino. He saw tremendous fighting and loss of life. He was a driver, taking fuel by lorry up the steep winding hills in the pitch dark tot he front lines. It was scary and dangerous work, he nearly lost his life twice and missed a strafing by a German gunner by inches. I never knew him, he died in 1976, when Ceri was 29, but he was a lovely man and my MIL always loved and missed him.

Hope you all have a lovely day x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
11-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #3

afternoon, a lovely idea re the medals, Nettie.
I am not feeling too well at the moment, i felt a bit funny on sat but nothing i could put my finger on. However late saturday night i developed a sore throat as well as feeling sick and achy. Yesterday i stayed in bed all day, finished the book i was reading and then started and finished another one.
Today i'm up and about but taking it easy as i still dont feel too good.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #4

Nettie that sounds lovely for the medals...what a nice thing to do.
And Shelley sorry you feel a bit rough hope you improve.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #5

Hi all - a late wave to all this evening ....

Sorry you are feeling a bit rough Shelley, hope you feel 100% very soon.

Monty is almost back to normal, except he jumped when the plastic tonic bottle made a cracking noise. We can always tell when his tail is down, it usually curls over his back when he's happy.

Hope Bella is back to normal now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
All tucked up in the warm here today, it looks miserable outside so I took on the ironing pile and have hit the bottom of it today

Stopped for the 2 min silence at 11:00 as I was listening to Ken Bruce on the radio. I thought yesterday of getting Ceri's dad's medals cleaned up and mounted so will look online later for somewhere around here that can do this for me. He was in Monty's Africa campaign and also went from Sicily up the 'leg' of Italy to Monte Cassino. He saw tremendous fighting and loss of life. He was a driver, taking fuel by lorry up the steep winding hills in the pitch dark tot he front lines. It was scary and dangerous work, he nearly lost his life twice and missed a strafing by a German gunner by inches. I never knew him, he died in 1976, when Ceri was 29, but he was a lovely man and my MIL always loved and missed him.

Hope you all have a lovely day x
My Dad fought at Monte Cassino. My Mum was showing the boys his medals in half term...and I remember hearing the horror stories my Dad used to tell me about his days in Siberia, joining the army in Iraq to recover from the forced labour camp and then shipping to Italy to fight. We don't know we're born