Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
28-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #1

Monday - after the storm

Well after all the preparation the 'storm' passed us by with just a normal wet night but no more than the odd gust that hardly rattled the milk bottles.

I hope all of you are safe and sound, I have seen some fallen trees in the London area on the news and the sea ports look battered. Travel plans are disrupted by uprooted trees etc, but I think a lot of people may have taken a day off work or decided not to travel until later.

Just having a tidy up here this morning, going out later, have an appointment with the nurse for blood tests; just my usual thyroid and BP check.

Take care x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #2

Re: Monday - after the storm

Morning PP - I am glad to see you are safe, as am I. It did blow in the night, we were aware of it but no damage here and people, cats and dogs all present and correct. OH told me that the wind at The Needles (Isle of Wight) was recorded at 99 mph - which seems stronger than forecast, but it is very exposed there. I will hear whether local trees are down when OH gets back from walking the dogs.

Monty and Dora both did very well yesterday. Dora won a treat at Rally Obedience for "Most Improved" (well, she was awful last month) and OH also got a treat for best handler! Then Monty did well at his agility class even though he'd been shivering with fear in the car, probably because of the sound of the wind outside. Dora also did well at agility, and did the A frame the first time she was asked, she doesn't seem too keen on the tunnel but will get there and my, she is quick and stands a good chance once she grows in confidence of beating those collies!

I am feeling eeerrghhhh (can't describe it) this morning, didn't sleep too badly, have had my shower but just can't get going. Perhaps a cup of coffee is called for.

Hope those blood tests go well PP.

Have a good day folks, I will be pleased to see posts so I know everyone is OK

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
28-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #3

Well done Dora and Mr H of course!
I bet those collies were a bit miffed!

It's quite a mild day now, a bit of blue sky here and there. Forgot it was half term and was surprised to see Tom this morning, he's getting all geared up for Halloween which has become a really big thing in recent years. I've seen homes decorated here like they do for Christmas, the windows all dressed up etc. Not something I'd think of doing at all!

What about you?

Catsey Veteran

28-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #4

No, we don't do Halloween here but I am definitely going to buy a pumpkin for cooking, may make some soup and freeze some down for the animals "in case of dodgy tummies"!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #5

We have pumpkins (waits for photo bucket to install on iPhone) ... Not a big fan of Halloween but boys love it so a token gesture doesn't hurt

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
29-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #6

Great pumpkins,Yola.I loved Halloween as a child,although I didn't go trick or treating.I always had a turnip lantern and enjoyed dressing up in something spooky.I was only allowed to visit relatives.I carried on the tradition with my boys,although they had pumpkins.Where have all the big turnips gone?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Great pumpkins,Yola.I loved Halloween as a child,although I didn't go trick or treating.I always had a turnip lantern and enjoyed dressing up in something spooky.I was only allowed to visit relatives.I carried on the tradition with my boys,although they had pumpkins.Where have all the big turnips gone?
Someone has eaten them all.

Catsey Veteran

29-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #8

My bets are on Baldrick!