Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
06-11-2006, 10:53 PM   #111

Re: Very worried about Teddy

Aww, I am sorry the vets werent as optimistic. I hope SHE proves them wrong!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
07-11-2006, 11:24 AM   #112

Alex - don't despair!
As I've said earlier my daughter's cat was on the verge of being pts because of intractible diarrhoea. Then he was put on the medicine I posted about - just a poo-firming thing, no miracle drugs - and there was just a massive turn around and then he was fine. No-one ever really got to the bottom (no pun intended) of the condition, but stopping the diarrhoea just made him better and he was able to come off the medicine eventually and is now fit and fine.
PS - Teddie? How sweet ..... but confusing!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
07-11-2006, 03:24 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Fran, how goes things with Porsha and what does your vet say about treatment and how to deal with her when the antibiotics stop?
I am so pleased to hear things are improving for Teddy Porsha is doing great in the poo department. All poos solid now. Because Porsha's diarrhoea has been diagnosed and it has most likely been caused by the giardia infection, the vet is hopeful that these antibiotics she is on will have cured her of the infection and is hopeful that her diarrhoea won't return. She is on a three week course of antibiotics so I don't suppose we will know until she finishes them. I haven't given her any paste for a couple of days though and all seems well at the minute.

Try not to get too strung up on what your vet has said. Did you get the results of Teddy's faeces sample?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
07-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #114

Yes we got the results Fran, everything came back clear (and I have just had to retype that whole sentence about 5 times, 'cause Teddie ((I like it DM) keeps walking over the keyboard), the last one he was waiting for was camylobacter but that was clear too. so, no clearer to understanding what is actually wrong, but at the moment I dont care. I'm just enjoying my wonderful kitten!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
07-11-2006, 09:58 PM   #115

ahhhh glad to hear the little poppet is getting better Alex, they are such a worry

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
07-11-2006, 10:35 PM   #116

Dont take any notice of the Vets negativity, YOU are living with Teddy, YOU can see the improvements, thats what counts. I hope SHE makes a full recovery.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
07-11-2006, 10:39 PM   #117

Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive over the last few weeks. It has meant so much to me, being able to come on here and pour out my worries to people who understand how I feel. One last push of goodwill please. Keep your fingers crossed for friday when the antibiotics and probiotic stop and we find out if she will continue to improve. I will post over the weekend to let you all know how things go. xx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-11-2006, 10:47 PM   #118

We are all with you and Teddie, Alex .....

She has got stronger over the last couple of days and this will also help her to get through this...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-11-2006, 10:52 PM   #119

Fingers crossed, Alex, and sending good vibes to Teddie and you!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-11-2006, 10:55 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Dont take any notice of the Vets negativity, YOU are living with Teddy, YOU can see the improvements, thats what counts. I hope SHE makes a full recovery.
Dawn.

100% agree with Dawn on that score. According to the results of my Oscars results on CRF he should have been "dead" or on deaths door and he went on for another year very very very happily no problem at all. You know how Teddy is thats the "bottom line"

So glad all's looking up. Take care Karen