Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
28-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #11

Re: Sunday snowday....

Think I may be calling clients and cancelling all dog walks tomorrow. Did any one else see the thunder and lightning ealy this morning? Not liking all this snow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-11-2010, 02:08 PM   #12

Take care especially all Scottish Catseyers - really don't like the sound of your weather.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
28-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #13

hi all! we had a couple of inches of snow yesterday, from looks of it dont think its snowed overnight. the sun is out just now and melting some of it, yay slush(not!!) not got much planned for today, sunday is lazy day though might give the ratties cage a good clean out! pip has been a good boy, he had his first night let loose in the whole house last night(he has been kept in the living room at nights), i was expecting miaows outside my bedroom door during the night or when i got up for he toilet, but no, lets hope it continues hope everybody has a nice day, about to go crank the heating up and all your talks about roasts is making me hungry

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
28-11-2010, 04:03 PM   #14

Angie: hope you get sorted, breathing
problems can be scarey.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #15

Take care all members in the snowy areas, it sounds and looks awful!

We are fortunate that it hasn't reached us ...... yet!

Keep warm folks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
28-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #16

Night skys coming in. Sea looks very grey & choppy. For some odd reason it looks higher than usual, probably me seating position!!

Thats all we would need is for the sea to come floooding over the rocks onto the road.

Off to make a cuppa, feed the animals & put feet up for half an hour

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-11-2010, 05:22 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
MASHED POTATOES! Yes, we are having mash tonight with liver, bacon, onions and gravy. Probably some cabbage and carrots to brighten up the plate.
How weird I thought I was one of the few people who "added veg etc to brighten the plate"

Catsey Veteran

28-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Think I may be calling clients and cancelling all dog walks tomorrow. Did any one else see the thunder and lightning ealy this morning? Not liking all this snow.
I do not blame you, I have never seen thunder and lightening when there is snow about..............................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-11-2010, 05:26 PM   #19

Hi all! Cold here but sunny: 4 C (39 F), winds died down. Still didn't get the first frost in the City last night, very late this year ... not that I'm complaining!

The answering machine on my land line phone has gone bonkers: just loud static instead of the message. I've tried all the usual remedies ... yelling at it, thumping it vigorously and when all else failed, consulted the manual, to no avail. So am on line shopping for a new phone... one on Amazon looks promising; will have a friend who knows electronics take a look at it and see if it will work with my computer; I'm not good at this sort of thing.

Your weather sounds just horrid in most places; hunker down and stay warm! Elaine, thundersnow is rare and sort of scary ... not what you expect in Winter! Angie, sorry the breathing is giving you problems All the dinners sound nice: ham and cabbage here tonight.

Please stay warm and be careful if you have to venture out .. is the forecast for better weather?

Catsey Veteran

28-11-2010, 05:26 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
Night skys coming in. Sea looks very grey & choppy. For some odd reason it looks higher than usual, probably me seating position!!

Thats all we would need is for the sea to come floooding over the rocks onto the road.

Off to make a cuppa, feed the animals & put feet up for half an hour
I adore the sea, and both watching and listening to it but the pure power of it is enough to scare the begajis out of me

Can you actually see the sea from your house/window/garden? And do the seagulls not irritate you?