Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
06-03-2010, 08:24 PM   #11

Re: Saturday

Glorious day here, still loads of snow around tho'.

Without planning to seemed to have had a chook day! Gutted and spring cleaned the coop, cleared a pile of the shavings out the run, dug a good bit of snow away from around them and spread some shavings down to let them get a bit more freedom. Put up a little battery light in the coop so I can more easily see them when checking them at night.

Then we went off to the farm shop and got a couple bags of pellets and scratch corn.

After that OH treated me to a lovely healthy salad lunch (followed by an even lovlier chocolate eclair)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #12

Sounds like a productive day; chooks will be happy. The eclair sounds sooo good!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #13

Hi all! Sorry for being very late - not very much to report. Pip went out this morning and a while later OH said "have you seen Pip recently?" so out I went with the treat bag, all around the back garden, down the side, around the front and up the other side calling "Pip, Pip Pippety-Pip!" and shaking the treats. Then retraced my steps - all the while accompanied by Kizzy, and there was young Master Pip sitting by the back door! Wouldn't you think a G&W cat would be highly visible? Anyway, he got cuddles and treats too and so did Kizzy - I like to think she came with me to look for Pip, but maybe ............. it had more to do with the treats being shaken!!!

Sorted out MIL's chest of drawers and put her washing away and sorted our paperwork.

You have lucky chooks CM and that choc eclair YUM! I was a lucky bunny today - OH went and got me a jam doughnut to go with coffee this morning. Shouldn't - but it was very nice! And I can't have a dig at Yola for her MaccieD either

Hope Liz, Elaine and the Clan have a great evening.

That's all for today - pottering on the computer this evening and perhaps an early night.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend peeps!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
06-03-2010, 11:25 PM   #14

Yup - still just about Saturday. Wanted to say that it was sheer joy being back on the allotment and digging and grubbling around sorting out the beds etc.

It was chilly but the boys spent most of the time in the chicken enclosure (there is a 'chicken collective' where about 7 families share the care of a load of rescue chooks - we're not one of then but the boys kind of get stuck in with whomever is in there). I love the fact that they're able to experience these things.

We dug, sat and drank lemonade, and planned the forthcoming season's planting. Bliss!

** edit to say - Donna . . . a new feline? Why not! The kids can almost look after themselves now so you need a new friend to nurture.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
07-03-2010, 03:11 AM   #15

Beautiful day here..but it's not to last long. Weather alerts saying a cold front is coming in and we shall be seeing snow and below freezing temperatures!!! It's 60 degrees F right now and sunny, what in the world??