Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #21

Re: Monday blues

That's the "possible rehab" part. They may want me staying in some place for a few
Quote:
days outside of the hospital, possible I could stay with Carolyn again. Depends on
my recovery, apparently; I'm a tough old bird and hope I can just come home .......

Oh, and here's a proper weather forecast for you now that I'm home: it's 28 C (83 F) unbelievably unseasonal degrees now! As soon as I finish here and OFF, going to go sit on he porch with a martini.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
04-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Write it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Surgeon appointment went well: she described the operation, what to do/expect before and after. etc. Op is about 3 hours, recovery 5 - 7 days. possible rehab briefly after discharge. PET scan tomorrow, similar to te CAT scan ... where DO they get these names?

Anyhow, home at last, thank God, out of these same clothes! Christopher set up the oxygen tank and tubing for me, so I can get around without any problems ... can get upstairs to bed, which was a worry. And can finally fix my own dinner!!
That sounds all go Eileen. Christopher is good isnt he, what a nice neighbour to have.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #23

Hope you enjoy your Martini on the porch Eileen, your weather is all over the place!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Surgeon appointment went well: she described the operation, what to do/expect before and after. etc. Op is about 3 hours, recovery 5 - 7 days. possible rehab briefly after discharge. PET scan tomorrow, similar to te CAT scan ... where DO they get these names?

Anyhow, home at last, thank God, out of these same clothes! Christopher set up the oxygen tank and tubing for me, so I can get around without any problems ... can get upstairs to bed, which was a worry. And can finally fix my own dinner!!
Glad your appointment went well, Eileen ..... 5 - 7 days recovery is pretty good!

I'm glad you have a good neighbour in Christopher, that was kind of him to set up your oxygen for you.

Good luck with the PET scan tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

05-04-2011, 01:58 AM   #25

Christopher is a great guy, s good friend as well as neighbor; he was with me thru the discharge, also drove me to the appt today, picking up my prescriptions and keeping track of all the appts. I am spoiled!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
05-04-2011, 02:10 AM   #26

I'm so glad all that went well for you Eileen.

Over this end, well, has been a bit of an Exciting end to the day. Think I could happily do without a repeat though!!!

Went to bed at soon after 10, when I got to sleep OK. Next thing am fully aware of the kitchen fire alarm is going off, then they both are, and I can't get them to turn off!

Rescue the wee one whose hiding under the radiator in my room, and put' her in box before heading outside - taking mobile with me, where I call fire dept, and explain that I can't turn my fire alarms off and think there must be a fire somewhere. (OK, and over an hour later, 20 mins since fire engines left, and the ambulance has just disappeared...)

I then went and hid in the car - after realising that the smoke had to be coming from my downstairs neighbours house. I don't know how she is - but she must have been in there cause as well as fire engines we had police and ambulance - and when fire engines turned up explained what was what.

In the end, they must have sorted whatever it was out, and then headed off - was told their boss might want to talk with me, but if he does it didn't happen then. I honestly don't know enough about it.

Still, once the engines left I concluded that it was safe for me to return to the house (where they'd kindly turned off the smoke alarms for me) and generally got settled - cup of tea and the like. And then came online!

So, very exciting end to the day. And am so thankful for smoke alarms.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-04-2011, 11:15 AM   #27

OMG - what an end to the day! I do hope your neighbour was OK. Sensible of you to get out with Cloud and glad you were able to return to your flat. Think the emergency guys could have communicated better .... thankfully never been in that situation.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
05-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #28

Bloody hell Squirrell sounds like unorganised chaos!! you dont sound like you were very informed about what was happening at the time though

Catsey Veteran

05-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #29

Wow.what an ending to the day! Glad you and Cloud are OK and no damage to your flat; but hope your neighbor will be all right.