Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
02-04-2011, 08:24 AM   #1

Rainy saturday

Morning catsey people, grey and rainy here. Have been stood outside for 15 minutes waiting for Kwame to go, Basenjis just don't do rain. I was stood there in spotty pj's repeating wee wee to no avail, he's still not gone
I was going to go to the car boot this morning, it's just started up again but of course the weather has put paid to that.
Going to take Malaika for a run, then she's got training this afternoon.
Tom will be started on his new meds, he's just polished off a huge bowl of raw chicken mince.
Probably do some work on my dolls today, have to paint a toe i built up last week and dress a big baby.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
02-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #2

Re: Rainy saturday

Hey there Shelley. Sounds like a good plan for the day.

Poor Kwame. Oh were it possible to be sunny all the time! You may have to do something about giving him an area which is free from wet weather where he can 'go'!

Wet overcast day here too. I've got a church thing later on today, and then I may go see a friend. Depends on how she's doing...

Have a good day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
02-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #3

Morning both! Just a bit dull here today but mild. Had a couple of folk staring into our front window a moment ago so I stood up to get a closer look at them, they weren't looking in at all, just watching a pair of goldfinches feeding on the niger seed holder on the bird table, so cute!

Don't have any plans for today (nothing new there!) I sympathise Shelley, trying to get Kwame to "go" in the rain, I once stood for nearly 45 minutes in the sleet one night trying to get Morgan to do something before bedtime. I'm tempted to get one of those cantilever car ports fitted along the side of the house so there'll be a dry area staight outside the back door!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
02-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #4

Morning all. Grey, windy and rather chilly and damp here too. I miss a lot of things about having a dog, but not the wet walks and 'business' trips .
My Raechel is off to an athletics meet with her cadets shortly, Hayley is at her kids club, and Robert is working, so a nice quiet morning for me Nothing planned, just going to relax.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #5

Morning all! I am on tenterhooks, waiting for the call from the Mini breeder to see if we can go to look at the pups today or whether it will have to be next week. I also need to get some seeds planted ... what to do? I have no idea if Mini Schnauzers have objections to rain in that way ... I'm going to find out fairly soon it would seem!!!

Surprise curry tonight .... the surprise being, there WILL be chicken in it this time! All that talk of curry on Eileen's thread yesterday made me want a curry.

Shelley, how do you build up a doll's toe? What material do you use?

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

02-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #6

Oooh! Good luck in getting to see the puppies today Angie. And it will be interesting to see what any pup you get thinks of the rain, breed having a general distaste for it or not!

(ETA: In fact... having just looked the breed up on 'my pure bred puppy' - http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/rev...chnauzers.html - it does seem as if it really is a kind of dog where most things depend on the character of the animal you choose, and how you treat it. Think that the cats may well have to stand their ground and tell little one off by the looks of things!)

As you can see from the pic I posted earlier, we eventually got the sun!

I ought to be out now, but pulled out as the thought of the numbers of people likely to be there just put stress levels way high and I decided it was Not a good idea!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #7

Thanks for the link Squirrel .... we have just got the call and we're going to see the puppies today, in fact will be leaving shortly! I'm taking the camera in case we're allowed to take photos!!!

Catsey Veteran

02-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #8

ooooh! Great! Enjoy! Looking forwards to hearing about it when you get back.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
02-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #9

Good afternoon all
We had an electrical storm here last night wow the lightening and thunder were THE loudest and brightest I have ever seen and heard.
I have Mum coming for dinner tomorrow so I am cleaning the whole house!! lol an I also have an essay to do so busy busy busy (Funny how I still find time for Catsey though)
Have a good day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
02-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #10

Hi all - sunny and dry here

Todays tasks take up more hours than are available. Priorities are clean out chooks, gut spare loo, change the bed, clear herbaceous border. We'll see how many get started!

Angie - puppies - so excited for you.
Shelley - yes, been that 'hurry up and go' person so as your breed hates rain it must be twice as frustrating.
MrsH - that reminds me, must add wild bird food to my PAH list
Squirrel - sun spots in your area too then, I see they are appreciated by Cloud.
alexgirl - relaxing - how nice to do that - enjoy!! it won't last long as they'll all be home soon. How are new chooks settling in?
babycakes - Electrical storms are quite spectacular - but a bit scarey to!

Enjoy the day peeps