Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #1

Friday

morning everyone, grey but dry day here so far. Looking foward to seeing you post on the daily again Eileen
Took Kwame out for his first ever walk in the great outdoors, he enjoyed himself but he is a terrible whinge bag

Had my cousins over last night for a get together, good job they like animals, even Jerry came in to get in on the action, he was sat on one of my cousins knees, whilst Kwame and Malaika had the other two. Jerry has changed, he used to avoid visitors. Tom didn't want to sit with anyone but did come in briefly, strange as he used to be the more sociable of the two.
Taking Tom to the vets this afternoon for his bloodtest to check his thyroid level and kidney function.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
01-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #2

Re: Friday

Hi Shelley, and all to come.

Quiet day off here, which is nice.

What was Kwame complaining about now Shelley? He want off the lead or something? Maybe he just doesn't like restrictions - which would explain why he hates the pen as well.

Having had some fun earlier this morning, Cloud is now off for a nap I think. She got so excited at the birds earlier on - kept on chattering at them through the window.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2011, 11:30 AM   #3

Hi Kate,
not sure what he was whinging about, he was quite happy on the lead, i was surprised how well he did. The breeder said both boys in the litter were whingers and she wasn't wrong
I think he likes the sound of his own whinging, i've nicknamed him Goose as he sounds like one. The little darling is crashed out in his crate now, of course he complained when i put him in, but settled with a tripe stick.
I love to watch Cats chattering at birds out of the window, i think i've read somewhere that they are practicing the killing bite but i'm sure that's not what they're doing, i think they are just saying "Hello "

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #4

Brilliant!

Oh well, sometimes they do just like the sound of their own voices. Glad he's doing alright, if crashed out now - excitement obviously exhausted him!

Part of me thinks Cloud was whimpering herself - she wanted closer, or maybe she wanted to fly too so she could have fun with the birds!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #5

Hi Shelley, hi Squirrel .... and everyone who comes along.

OH has been to the driving range this morning and dropped me off at Chichester Uni to visit an exhibition by Eric James Mellon, a very versatile and talented local-ish artist. I also had a tour of the art block with my friend who is just finishing her 6 year part-time course! I can't imagine finishing something that's been your life for 6 very enjoyable years. Some amazing work, very skilful and strong. Look forward to seeing the final year exhib in a couple of months time.

Well, news ..... maybe tomorrow or maybe a day next week (depending on the breeder) we are going to see a litter of Mini Schnauzers over in Steyning. If we like what we see, we may choose one - all dogs. More as the story unfolds. OH really needs a dog now as I let him down on our walk yesterday and had to cut the walk short and go back to the car because my right foot was hurting badly - this is not a new thing, I've been to the Podiatry Dept of our local hospital but yesterday it was the most painful it's been. I made him cross and disappointed and of course I was disappointed and upset with myself and himself too. Doggy will cure that - when old enough of course.

So, may soon be asking for tips about dog waking too - hope little'un is not a whinger, for OH's sake!!!

Have a good day all. I look forward to seeing Eileen's post about the weather in Washington in due course.

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #6

Oh Angie. *hugs* It is hard when you want to walk and other person wants your company, but physically you just not well enough.

Good luck with getting a pup! Hope it works out for you soon!

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #7

That's great news Angie, hope you get to pick your little Dog soon, have you ever had a Dog before ?
Sorry about your foot, what's the problem with it ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
01-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #8

Hi all
Hope Tom is ok Shelly
Ooooo a new baby Angie, can't wait

Its cloudy and cold here today and looks as though it will pour down at any minute. Because of the government cuts we have had to say good bye to a lot of staff this week and this will bring about a lot of changes within our team and I'm not sure I'm gonna like them all I'm glad I'm in a job but feel its time to move on too so I'm looking around.

Denis says hi as he is rubbing all over me as I write this

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #9

Hi,all! Can't do a proper weather as I don't have the app and the celsius translator on this cimputer, but it's only in the high 40s F and cloudy. It's been unseasonably cold for about 2 weeks: normal is 61 - 41 F. Snow on the cherry blossoms last week!

What a shame about the walk, Angie, but exciting news about the pup viewing ...... hope Tom's vet visit goes well, Shelley; good luck in looking for a new job BC. Squirrel, I've always heard that chittering at birds is just frustration.

Have a good day ........

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #10

So she is simply saying 'but Mum, I want to chase them!' then?

No worries about the weather - am sure for now we'll cope with Fahrenheit rather than oC. It's the thoughts that count. It would be nice if it was warmer for you though.

BC, work cuts are always stressful for everyone. So sorry to hear that you're dealing with that now.