Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-03-2011, 04:30 PM   #1

Some random mutterings

Hospital food is awful! And before the colonoscopy and the CAT scan you have to have a completely clear liquid diet the day bwfore, and like our poor pusses, nothing at all from midnight on ....... I sympathioze more with them now having had to do it several times myself now!

Before the colonoscopy you have to drink a gallon (not an exaggeration, a real gallon) of nasty tasting liquid to give yourself diarrhra so the colon will be empty for the exam! Also,before the upper GI there's another horrid liquid to numb the esophagus.....

It's almost impossible to sleep in a hospital: firstly, wires and tubes connected to you and then machines so rolling over is very difficult; then the ambient noise: things beeping, the staff taqlking, and being awakened for BP and temp twice a night!

Do you gather that this is the first time I was ever in a hospital?! But the staff was lovely, everyone was very pleasant and caring.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
31-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #2

Re: Some random mutterings

Yes it's the same here too. Especially the food part YUK.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #3

That sounds awful Eileen but familiar ....... my husband has undergone the same procedure today. I couldn't believe it when they told him he had to drink a gallon of the horrible stuff too! I'm hoping he will be out of hospital soon.

If that was your first time in hospital it must have come as quite a shock for you ...... I'm so glad they have 'set you free'

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
31-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #4

Sounds about right Eileen. And goodness - you've done so well to avoid hospital stays so long! I've never been in as long at a time (though one of my friends has done that and more...) but I have now had 2 overnighters... And one evening I came very close to having a third!

Catsey Veteran

31-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
That sounds awful Eileen but familiar ....... my husband has undergone the same procedure today. I couldn't believe it when they told him he had to drink a gallon of the horrible stuff too! I'm hoping he will be out of hospital soon.

If that was your first time in hospital it must have come as quite a shock for you ...... I'm so glad they have 'set you free'
It was a shock indeed! I'm so sorry for your OH, it's not nice ........ give him my sympathy1

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
It was a shock indeed! I'm so sorry for oour OH, it's not nice ........ give him my sympayhy1
Will do Eileen, thanks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
31-03-2011, 05:11 PM   #7

Whenever I've been in hospital it was the NOISE! at nights that really got to me, nurses clomping around (what do they wear on their feet? hob-nailed boots??) banging doors and clattering all manner of things. You must be in need of a really good sleep now Eileen!

Mags - best wishes to your OH, hope he's back with you very soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #8

Yes, it's the night-time noises that got to me .... you're just drifting off and there's an unfamiliar noise and you're awake again. Hope you can have some sound sleep now Eileen. As others have said, great that you've kept yourself out of hospital until now. A new, and not very welcome experience!

Fingers crossed for your OH Mags.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
31-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #9

Never been overnight before so I can imagine from that post that it must be awful.

Hope your OH is ok Mags.

Catsey Veteran

31-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #10

Had a great sleep last night at Carolyn's. Up twice to the bathroom, but that's the meds to reduce the edema. Swollen legs are back to normal,