Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
30-03-2011, 08:30 AM   #1

Wet Wednesday

Morning everyone, as you can guess by the title, its wet here, no more sunshine

Not upto much today. Going ot the coatbridge store of my work to hand in my cv as they are looking for a till supervisor so going to try my luck!! Its alot closer to me than the store im in so would be good. Apart from that, quiet day, housework and job hunting online to see whats out there.

Had a really sooky skye aswell. She lays at teh bottom of the bed on my side during the night then gradually moves onto my legs so i cant move. She has really come out of her shell now and Harris is alot better with her which is great although he did a really big, deep growl at her last night when we went to bed. He seems to wait till bedtime now then they start fighting/playing!!

Hope you all have a great day, hoopefullybe at the quiz tonight, need to go down to OH's parents to drop off an event shelter they wanted from my work

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
30-03-2011, 08:37 AM   #2

Re: Wet Wednesday

Hi Pamela, those to come...

Horrible wet here too. Which is a pity. As I've said, I hurt my left arm a year ago (this time last year I struggled to sit up without help...). On Monday I ended up lifting some light tables to put them away, and the position made my arm complain. Yesterday it was sore cause of that - though not to taking pain killers stage. Today, that's a bit better, but the yuck weather out is making it grumble anyway!!! Not so fun! Oh well then...

Good luck with getting the job closer to home - it wuold be good. Would hope that being alraedy employed by the company would be a good leg up...

*sighs* Time to head to work I think!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
30-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #3

Awww sorry to hear you have hurt your arm again squirrel, hope its better soon and the tableys do their job. Make sure you dont over do the lifting!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #4

Hi Pamela and Squirrel - so sorry you've got rain. It's very gloomy here and a bit chilly but dry atm. Also sorry about your arm .... I broke my left wrist twice many years ago and the cold and damp still makes it ache. Think your break was worse. Hope the pain killers help, but you probably need warmth too.

We are going to visit MIL for the first time later today. I know OH is dreading it, but I am hopeful that she will be fine and happy - fingers and toes well and truly crossed.

Will be back later and looking forward to the quiz this evening. Have to say that I am getting more worried about Eileen as we have no news of how she's getting on. She's been in hospital quite a while now.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #5

Hello all.

Off to work now and in a rush, back about 8ish will try for the quiz. Have posted on Eileen's thread and have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
30-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #6

Morning all.

What a shock to the system today is after all the glorious sunshine! And on the one day I needed the sun too lol. Just collected 2 new chickens I got some araucanas, which lay blue eggs apparently, so we're all going to be rushing up to the coop in the morning to see , usually it's a chore no one wants to do! Our Chookie is not happy with the interlopers in HER house, and has been wandering up and down the garden proclaiming the fact loudly. Was really hoping for a nice day that they could spend free ranging in the garden whilst able to keep their distance, oh well, will have to see how it all goes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
30-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #7

It's wet here, not a nice day at all. Hope the visit to MIL goes well Angie, I can understand your OH being a bit apprehensive, my OH hated visiting his mother in her residential home, said he felt guilty and a bad son! She could be a very uncharitable person at times and rather played on his feelings a bit I'm afraid.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
30-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #8

afternoon everyone, bit rainy here today, managed a river walk with Malaika, now they're both cuddled up beside me on the settee.
Angie, i also feel rather worried about Eileen, i wish we had some good news.
Hope your visit goes well this afternoon.
Kate, take care with your arm.
Pamela, good luck with the job, mine finishes this week, have got my P45
Doing some casual hours next week but as yet don't know when.
Alex, hope you found some Blue eggs.
MrsH your weather sounds just like mine
maybe see you at the quiz tonight Karen, feels so sad without Eileen there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #9

Back from our visit to MIL in the nursing home. She is probably more confused than before re the sale of her house 6 years ago, constant repetition etc. which is normal for someone suffering dementia of course. But she was smiling, she seemed much more cheerful and has lost the grey colouring she had before. All in all, way better than OH was expecting and he has also cheered up no end. We will be going again on Sunday for Mother's Day - bet the home will be heaving then. She must have been so unhappy living here with us - not surprising really as she had no social interaction and must have felt very cut off.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
30-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #10

So pleased the visit went well, must have reassured both you and your OH no end!